Moto X or Droid Turbo?

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
With the Moto X software features on the Droid Turbo and the generous battery life I'm going with the Droid Turbo as the Android handset to own on VZW.

Quite an impressive beast!
I'm with you on that thought! Hope to pick mine up tomorrow!

npro1464

Reaction score
After checking out the Turbo today in the stores, I think I've made up my mind- the X. The Turbo is fat!! Its also way too heavy. It reminded me of my Thunderbolt... WITH the extended battery tumor on it. What surprises me was how much thinner and lighter the older version of it was (Droid Maxx). They probably beefed it up because they amped the screen up in this version and had to compensate with an even bigger battery. This is a shame, because The average person cant tell the difference between 4k or 1080p screens.

The rest of the phone is great. It feels premium and the odd look of it grew on me. I could tell the camera was a lot better even by just testing the two it in the store. But the thickness kills it, no matter what a good deal it is. Its just not for me. Enjoy your new phone, Turbo users!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for the input. Very valuable. Thickness will be an issue for some, but for others not so. But it's a great piece of information.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I looked at both the Droid max and Droid turbo specifically the thickness and size difference couldn't really tell the difference in thickness.
The turbo at the thickest point is 3 mm thicker which is not even an 1/8"

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I looked at both the Droid max and Droid turbo specifically the thickness and size difference couldn't really tell the difference in thickness.
The turbo at the thickest point is 3 mm thicker which is not even an 1/8"
Yeah. I didn't really detect a difference in thickness between my MAXX and the Turbo. Also, it's ever so slightly wider and only about 1/4" longer so it's really a lateral move size wise.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah. I didn't really detect a difference in thickness between my MAXX and the Turbo. Also, it's ever so slightly wider and only about 1/4" longer so it's really a lateral move size wise.

A BIG FAT THICK PHONE.

BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO GET ONE!!!

=^ .". ^=

Really the thickness of the phone is mostly in its rounded back, similar to the moto x. In the end it's not all that much thicker than my MAXX and feels just slightly bulkier but bring rounded is actually more comfortable to hold.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
And the texture of the ballistic makes it feel secure in hand.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I much prefer a thicker phone. First because it is easier to grip and hold. I remember how easy it was to hold the Bionic and Maxx. First time I held an S3 it just didn't feel good in the hand. Mostly because it was wide but thin. Also a thicker phone feels more solid, durable and well built to me.

Tap'd from my LG G2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
And the texture of the ballistic makes it feel secure in hand.

I much prefer a thicker phone. First because it is easier to grip and hold. I remember how easy it was to hold the Bionic and Maxx. First time I held an S3 it just didn't feel good in the hand. Mostly because it was wide but thin. Also a thicker phone feels more solid, durable and well built to me.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Better put than I did. And exactly what I feel as well.

TatDroid

Reaction score
The fat/not-so-fat thing is extremely subjective. For so long the emphasis has been thinner, thinner, thinner - which I never totally understood. Now we've gotten to "oops, it bends".

On the other hand, we've recently been hearing more from the "I wish it had a better battery. I wouldn't mind a bit more heft for longer life" side. I agree with the latter. It may not be Razr thin, but to me it is not even close to being "fat". The curved back means it looks a bit hefty when measured from its thickest point, but the curve gives it a great feel. To me.

Isn't it awesome we get so many choices? My personal choice is all day, every day peace of mind over thinner and lighter.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The fat/not-so-fat thing is extremely subjective. For so long the emphasis has been thinner, thinner, thinner - which I never totally understood. Now we've gotten to "oops, it bends".

On the other hand, we've recently been hearing more from the "I wish it had a better battery. I wouldn't mind a bit more heft for longer life" side. I agree with the latter. It may not be Razr thin, but to me it is not even close to being "fat". The curved back means it looks a bit hefty when measured from its thickest point, but the curve gives it a great feel. To me.

Isn't it awesome we get so many choices? My personal choice is all day, every day peace of mind over thinner and lighter.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Tat, as always...such a well-formed and perfectly reasoned response. You hit the nail on the head. I love the "Now we've gotten to "oops, it bends"! ROFL, so funny.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yeah, and my 2013 Moto X is not even talking to me anymore - as it sits on my desk, powered down, right next to my new Turbo.

Sent from my Droid Turbo