Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
19076-albums200-picture70746.jpg

Set your alarm and save the date!!!

Get ready for the 24-hour sale

For one day only, buy Mom—or yourself—a Moto X with no contract starting at just $299.99 off contract. This 24-hour sale starts on Thursday, May 1 at 12:01am ET. Enjoy the savings while getting Mom a great gift in time for Mother's Day.

No contract prices:
16GB starting at $299.99 (regular price $349.99)
32GB starting at $324.99 (regular price $399.99)
Developer Edition $324.99 (regular price $399.99)

Customize your own on May 1st for an awesome price: Moto Maker

Source: Motorola

Last edited:

TatDroid

Reaction score
This phone may be over 6 months old now, and it may not have the most state of the art processor, but it's still plenty fast and, in my opinion, remains one of THE most stable, smoothest Android phones you can buy.

With some new phones at $200 or $250 ON-contract, $299 OFF-contract is a great buy.

Last edited:
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'm actually considering selling my G2 and getting one. Battery life on my AT&T G2 is abysmal compared to my former VZW version.

Tap'd from my LG G2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Do it G. Great phone.

Sent from my DE Moto X

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Do it G. Great phone.

Sent from my DE Moto X

Oh I know I had one on VZW. My only issue was the smaller screen size. And I do love the camera on the G2.

Tap'd from my LG G2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Lol yea, understood. Moto has never been known for the camera.

Sent from my DE Moto X

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I've wanted one for awhile now.

My problem with the "o lookie lookie what a great NO CONTRACT price" that everyone likes to tout.
*yawn* Big Deal. I'm IN a contract. I'm not leaving VZW. So I'd rather pay $200 ON contract. And if I did buy the VZW version OFF contract... what then? I'm going to leave VZW... to go????????? Can't go anywhere! Can't use a VZW phone on any other network, right?

I Do love this phone though and it IS the first phone that ever had me actually consider bailing on my rule of NOT buy an SD Card less phone.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
There ya go... Its all a matter of perspective. I personally need to buy the phones for the developer editions alone. Need guranteed root. If this deal included that, it'd be a steal. Paid twice that amount.

Sent from my DE Moto X

TatDroid

Reaction score
I personally need to buy the phones for the developer editions alone. Need guranteed root. If this deal included that, it'd be a steal. Paid twice that amount.

Sent from my DE Moto X

$325 for DE, I believe.

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Then get it!

Sent from my DE Moto X

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I've never explored developer editions because I was always locked into VZW. Is the main difference with the developer editions is they have unlocked bootloaders?

Also how easily rootable are unlocked GSM versions?

Tap'd from my LG G2

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've wanted one for awhile now.

My problem with the "o lookie lookie what a great NO CONTRACT price" that everyone likes to tout.
*yawn* Big Deal. I'm IN a contract. I'm not leaving VZW. So I'd rather pay $200 ON contract. And if I did buy the VZW version OFF contract... what then? I'm going to leave VZW... to go????????? Can't go anywhere! Can't use a VZW phone on any other network, right?

I Do love this phone though and it IS the first phone that ever had me actually consider bailing on my rule of NOT buy an SD Card less phone.

Well, I bought the non dev verizon model because the coupon I had could not be used for developer phones. However, with my purchase I am able to keep my unlimited data, and the more I think about what unlimited means, the more I want to use my phone for EVERYTHING. So, that was the only reason I went that route. Also, I could sell my phone at a later date if I so choose so, with no sweat off my back, because I am off contract.

But for those who don't have unlimited data, and don't plan on leaving Verizon, you are absolutely right.

I've never explored developer editions because I was always locked into VZW. Is the main difference with the developer editions is they have unlocked bootloaders?

Also how easily rootable are unlocked GSM versions?

Tap'd from my LG G2

The Developer editions are the same except they have unlocked bootloaders. This makes rooting cakewalk compared to the locked bootloader phones. I have a locked bootloader phone, and it was a nightmare on elm street getting it rooted.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those that wanted a nexus device on vzw I suggest getting the moto x developer edition. With fast updates and stock android as well as nexus competitive pricing you are getting a great phone with arguably better radios.