Moto X Google Play Edition Coming Soon

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
see, i wanted to buy 2 moto x phones on the first day. one in black for myself and one in white or red for my wife. but that was at their rumored $350 price tag. as it stands right now, i'll wait for next google vzw 4g lte phone without contract that will be "reasonably" priced. moto just lost 2 potential customers.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if they could make the phone without lag, we wouldnt need hundreds of cores and 4 tons of ram. as it stands, we keep getting more cores, ghz, and ram, yet still have lag.
after a couple weeks to a month of use, this phone will likely lag like most of the others. they always seem snappy right out of the box.

i agree though, they dont have to use the latest hardware to make a great phone. although, until they stop trying to compensate for poor software with monster hardware, we will always come back to this same discussion in my opinion.

I must admit I am not having issues with lag on my n2. Actually I must admit that when you update an app or download it from the play store that few seconds it is installing an app in your app drawer i do get lag. But other than that it is smooth. By the way 4.3 vs 4.2.2 is literally like going to jb after ics. What ever they did with 4.2.2 man i believe that is why Samsung is going to wait for 4.3.... Probably 4.3.1 or 4.3.2 because there are a few bugs plus they need to give app developers time to catch up to the next software.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@cereal killer I love your enthusiasm and posts...it's great to see it...I do think these features are unique and it will at the end of the day drive the future for Motorola and other development..

@PC I love dogs man so I will do anything to help that cute doggie in the window...you know sometimes we need to pay more for the dog but in the end you are happy you got him...

a2etunud.jpg

N2 tap'd HD

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I think that the Moto X will do the worst on Verizon because people will take one of the new Droid Ultra series phones over the X. It will likely do better on the other carriers, especially AT&T.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Moto is long overdue for it's turn at a Nexus device. For whatever reasons, Google apparently decided the X was not the time (although that doesn't necessarily mean they will subsidize the price).

Haven't heard any rumors, so I guess that means we wait and see for Android 6.0 sometime in the second half of next year.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
@cereal killer I love your enthusiasm and posts...it's great to see it...I do think these features are unique and it will at the end of the day drive the future for Motorola and other development..

@PC I love dogs man so I will do anything to help that cute doggie in the window...you know sometimes we need to pay more for the dog but in the end you are happy you got him...

a2etunud.jpg

N2 tap'd HD

Hope he doesn't fart. :biggrin:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm going to say I doubt we will see that Nexus Moto phone ever....I hope I'm wrong but just don't think it's going to happen...

N2 tap'd HD

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

a2etunud.jpg

N2 tap'd HD

I love cks enthusiasm and love that he posts good points. Personally think the healthy debate is awesome. Good points are being brought up that in the end help the consumer. Because in the end the only thing that matters is the consumer gets the phone that they are happy with regardless of what every one else think. Know a guy who bought a Samsung keyboard phone a few months ago on vzw. To him he could care less about latest and greatest he just wanted a good keyboard phone with a removable battery.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say I doubt we will see that Nexus Moto phone ever....I hope I'm wrong but just don't think it's going to happen...

N2 tap'd HD

Unfortunately you could be right. I think reports of how extreme Google has erected the chinese wall has certainly factored in as they remain very concerned about alienating other manufacturing partners. But I think they also recognize they've been too strict. At some point, NOT giving Moto a Nexus is penalizing, rather than favoring, them.

Maybe Google is also waiting for Moto to regain some momentum before turning them loose on a Nexus. Might have been too many moving parts with these launches (the X8, new features, and a new manufacturing process/plant) to risk a Nexus, also.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Nice but let's see what happens. I'm not going to argue the appeal but that phone at that price at this time will not sell. But we will let time and numbers speak.

That's the price of all top tier Android handsets. It's not like the X is selling for $350-400 on contract. Off contract it's competitive with all the other handsets (One, S4, Ultra etc etc)

You said you would not choose it over the ultra. Bro you made my point in that one simple statement. You probably one of the few who argue in defense on the x (I respect that you will stick by your opinion and bring good arguments to the table thanks for that) but in the end no matter how many people say "yeah its worth it" if they don't buy it doesn't matter. Its like "oh look at that cute little doggie in the window". You banging on the glass puppy wagging his tail and smiling. But if you walk off that puppy will continue to sit there with no home. If motorola is getting passed over then that means they are going to lose their heads on this no matter how innovative it is. Especially since the Droids will have the same mx8 chip.

I'm just ONE person on ONE carrier. The X is available across all carriers, so to say that it will flop or people won't buy it this early in the game is a gross misstep in my opinion. There's still an advertising campaign to go through and the handset hasn't even hit the streets just yet. The "geeks" aren't going to buy this phone. I get that and understand it, but your average consumer is not a "geek" and that's who this phone is geared towards. The "geeks" aren't going to pull Moto out of this giant sink hole they are in. They need the average consumer to do that. Question is, will that happen? Don't know, but with a phone available across all carriers, extensive customization options, accessories galore on Day 1 and a smart effective advertising campaign they just may have a chance. We'll see....

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Maybe Google is also waiting for Moto to regain some momentum before turning them loose on a Nexus. Might have been too many moving parts with these launches (the X8, new features, and a new manufacturing process/plant) to risk a Nexus, also.

I like this thinking and that may be a good point for future Nexus device ..I want Motorola to do good here bc they make a solid device ..I test drove the Maxx HD and it was solid ..you could see things starting to change a little ..so hopefully this new features /chip bring it up a notch ..

That's the price of all top tier Android handsets. It's not like the X is selling for $350-400 on contract. Off contract it's competitive with all the other handsets (One, S4, Ultra etc etc)

I'm just ONE person on ONE carrier. The X is available across all carriers, so to say that it will flop or people won't buy it this early in the game is a gross misstep in my opinion. There's still an advertising campaign to go through and the handset hasn't even hit the streets just yet. The "geeks" aren't going to buy this phone. I get that and understand it, but your average consumer is not a "geek" and that's who this phone is geared towards. The "geeks" aren't going to pull Moto out of this giant sink hole they are in. They need the average consumer to do that. Question is, will that happen? Don't know, but with a phone available across all carriers, extensive customization options, accessories galore on Day 1 and a smart effective advertising campaign they just may have a chance. We'll see....

I'm with you on this point big time ..so many phones sell at this price range and everyone is upset..why? Because of rumors about it's off price..it's in line IMO...and we are talking everyday users who will drive this bus..across multiple carrier...I personally think they will succeed...

N2 tap'd HD

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I'm with you on this point big time ..so many phones sell at this price range and everyone is upset..why? Because of rumors about it's off price..it's in line IMO...and we are talking everyday users who will drive this bus..across multiple carrier...I personally think they will succeed...

N2 tap'd HD

no doubt people are upset because of the rumored price. im more disappointed, not really mad.
as for it succeeding, it may, but on the same note they are releasing 3 other devices at the same time.
i cant decide if that's stupid or genius.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
no doubt people are upset because of the rumored price. im more disappointed, not really mad.
as for it succeeding, it may, but on the same note they are releasing 3 other devices at the same time.

True but only Verizon peeps have the choices to make..I'd personally take only a Maxx out of any...I'm so spoiled with this N2 I would not settle for less battery wise..

N2 tap'd HD

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

They are essentially the same device offered with a few different screens sizes.

But VZW's announcement was so terse it was almost like they caught wind of Google's rumored $500M marketing campaign...."hehehe...you screwed me again, Costanza"