Moto X Double-Header: Moto X to Include Nano-SIM & Moto X Magic Glass Pics Leak

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 30, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

We have a double scoop of creamy delicious Moto X news this afternoon. For the first scoop we have the above pic which is supposedly of the new Magic Glass for the Moto X which we shared rumors about previously. This new leak seems to confirm that the zero-gap, smooth-edge transition display will indeed be included with the new Moto X. There are a few more pics which you can find here, but the one above seems to show the best angle.

The second yummy dip could be one of those flavors that some people hate while others love. (Now I am craving some ice cream.) Apparently, the new Moto X will come with a Nano-SIM instead of a Micro-SIM. This could pose a problem if you switch your devices often, unless you are coming from an iPhone 5 or a Droid 3. It's odd to see Motorola choose this option, but there are probably some good reasons behind it.

[​IMG]

Sound off what you think of these newly discovered "features."

Source: AndroidAuthority
  2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Interesting especially if the point of this device is to get into the international markets. But I am sure people could use a sim card cutter to make it work.
  3. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

4. matukqo

matukqo New Member

Well after buying this device I will have a SIM card, Micro-SIM card and a Nano-SIM card.... I'm just hoping I don't have to pay more for it from Verizon....
  5. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

Fortunately my wife is in her 2nd iP5. I kept the sim from the replacement phone and just put her old sim in the new phone.
  6. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The only benefit to the Nano-Sim is its slightly smaller size. In the world of ever-stiffer competition to make these phones with larger displays and yet smaller bezels and thinner and lighter, I suppose every few millimeters of extra plastic around those gold contacts become valuable real estate. Truth is, the physical chip to which those connections lead is all but a fraction of the size of the contact area itself, and we're not that far from a whole new, smaller standard in sim cards surfacing. The question is, how small can the card be before its so small it's difficult to handle. I have a hard enough time handling the Micro-SD and Micro-Sim of today. If they get much smaller, there is going to be a lot of people dropping and losing those tiny circuit board cards.
  7. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Well-Known Member

Well look at that.....I have an IP5! Its like this is meant to be! 2 more days to find out!!
Search tags for this page
header moto
heder moto
moto x
moto x nano glass

moto-x-rumor header phones