Moto X (2016) Might Still Exist - Shows Up in Benchmarks

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-2016-gfx-bench.png

A device with the Motorola model number XT1662 recently showed up on GFXBench. Industry speculation is that this is the next generation (2016) Moto X. If so, it means Motorola and Lenovo have taken the phone in a more mid-range direction.

Here are the specs that show up:
  • 4.6-inch screen with a 1080 x 1920 FHD resolution
  • MediaTek MT6755 octa-core 2.1GHZ CPU with Mali-T860 GPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB storage
  • 15MP camera on back
  • 7MP camera on rear
  • Android 6.0
What do you folks think of this intel if it turns out to be the real deal? Disappointed in Lenovorola?

Here's our dedicated Moto X section for further discussion: Moto X (2016) 4th Generation

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Disappointed? Heck no! I'm more disappointed in the ever increasing size of phones. The line between phone and phablet has gone away for true flagship spec phones from moto. The new moto Z line of phones are just plain too big IMO. When my phone fails to fit in the phone pocket of my camelbak, it's too big.
Is this phone more than adequate for the way over 90% of people use their phone? Absolutely! I think it will be a great phone for many people. Should Lenomotovorola (or whatever the heck they are) stop making true flagship phones? Absolutely not, but choice in size of phones is a good thing. I just wish they would stop making all of the flagship phones so dang big. When we need to have an app that shrinks the screen size so we can type on it easily, we've gone into tablet territory. Make them smaller please. I'm old, but my eyes aren't so bad that I need a 5.5 inch screen for my phone. Of course I do have big eyes....look at my picture.o_O

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I got an email yesterday saying that the new Moto G4 would be released soon and pre orders woukd start soon also. These specs seem more like a new Moto G than a Moto X.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk