Moto X 2015 with Front Facing Flash Shows Off for the Camera

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-Moto-X-2015-3rd-Gen-leak-1.jpg

Here's a hot leak from late yesterday. The third generation Moto X (2015) showed up in some leaked images. The design seems to be just like the previous leaked images we have seen of the device so far. There are a couple of notable things to view in these images. One is that the back seems to have a noticeable texture. The other is that the front of the device actually includes a flash for the camera.

The source of these leaked images claimed there was a a fingerprint sensor inside the bottom speaker grill, which seems rather strange, but not impossible. You can check out the other included image in the thread below, and find further discussions regarding the Moto X 2015 here: Moto X 2015 Edition Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Facebook Peru Droid

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If I don't go nexus for my next device, I may very well go Moto X. It was a tough competition between the 2014 X and the Note 4 when I made my last phone decision.

I hope the fact that they may have added a flash for the front camera means that they've also improved the back camera's low-light abilities as well. Camera and size were big factors for me, but now that I've lived in the Note world for a while, I'm thinking I wouldn't mind down-grading the size just a bit if the rest of the specs meet my wants/needs.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Last Moto device I owned was the Droid X. There's a pretty good chance that the Moto X will be next.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Last Moto device I owned was the Droid X. There's a pretty good chance that the Moto X will be next.
Mine was the Bionic, but I'm thinking the same as well.

Glad to see you guys have been pleased with the camera. I don't need anything AMAZING and TOP OF THE LINE, I just know that I saw sample shots of low-light pics from the X that looked pretty grainy.

Let's be honest, I'm just shooting snapshots anyway, so they don't have to be the most beautiful picture ever anyway. OIS has been nice though.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nexus for Moto X for me. The only reason I didn't go Moto X last time is the battery size. From the leaks, it looks like they've addressed this. I'm ready to move on from the G2. That X is looking better each time I see it.

on the move..

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine was the Droid X as well. I replaced the screen on my wife's OG Moto X and have been toying around with it, borderline switching to it. I'm ready for another Motorola
Mine was the Bionic, but I'm thinking the same as well.

Glad to see you guys have been pleased with the camera. I don't need anything AMAZING and TOP OF THE LINE, I just know that I saw sample shots of low-light pics from the X that looked pretty grainy.

Let's be honest, I'm just shooting snapshots anyway, so they don't have to be the most beautiful picture ever anyway. OIS has been nice though.
I'm finally convincing myself this, I don't take as many pictures as I think and most of the time they're in pretty ideal situations anyway. So if the camera is decent, and it has a good sized battery, I'll have some trouble deciding Nexus or this.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I take a lot of pics on my phone and have been spoiled by the camera on my Sony. I hope the X's camera is as good or close to it...

Sent from my Xperia Z3

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I've been waiting for a manufacturer to put a flash on the front camera. This is a great feature if you are doing a video chat in less than perfect lighting conditions.