Moto X 2013 Android Lollipop update: rollout coming soon

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Moto X 2013 Android Lollipop update rollout coming soon - AndroidPIT

David Schuster, Senior Director of Software Development at Motorola, took to Google+ last week to drop the news that the Moto X (2013) update was in its final stages of testing, and should be rolling out soon.

In the statement, Mr Shuster wrote, "I know that a lot of people have been asking about the status of the Moto X (1st Gen) Lollipop upgrade. I can see the frustration and in some cases the anger about how long it has taken to get the upgrade deployed. It has been a struggle due to the lack of support from some of our partners but I am glad to announce that we are starting TestDrive in both the US and LatAm. If all goes well we should start full deployments in a few weeks."

Since then, Motorola has rolled out Android 5.1 Lollipop to the Moto E (2015) edition (or Moto E 2nd gen), and it's speculated that the OTA rollout of Android 5.1 for the Moto X (2013) is next, and could arrive this week.

Reactions: CJM

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There has definitely been a lot of activity (anger, resentment, bitterness) on the moto forums about this update, so this will be good news for a lot of people. Looking forward to checking it out on my wife's Moto X. :cool:

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
From what I see, soak tests are going out now. U.S. might get soak test later this week. See the link in my last post for details. Page 127.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Based on what I'm reading on the Moto X forums, the full 5.1 upgrade (not the soak test) is rolling out to retail users in the US. Now the question is how long will it take VZW to push it out to us?