Moto X+1 Will Come to All 4 Major U.S. Carriers; Codename 'Victara'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto_X-1-1-spiral.png

According to the latest info we scrounged up from evleaks, Motorola's next flagship, the Moto X+1, will be coming to all four major U.S. carriers. We also now know that its internal codename is "Victara," (as if that means much to us in the long run).

Of course, knowing the codename is handy for us media-folk. Now we can program that keyword into our brain to be on the lookout for anything related. :p

jspradling7

Reaction score
Man I hope this thing lives up to my expectations. The M8 is my main carry during the week but I still grab the X every chance I get. It's just a cool little phone and I can talk to it like I do with Glass. Having a 5.2" version of the X with a 3000 battery would be awesome. I don't need any fingerprint scanners, waterproofing, or super-decoder ring-encryption, just a little bigger version of the X will do fine.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Yep. I have an upgrade available on another line, but on my grandfathered unlimited I have to buy unsubsidized. I may use my upgrade to get the Z2, but you'd better believe I'm getting the X+1. A screen upgrade and bigger battery, plus maybe they'll show the camera some love too!

Pfft. I'm in.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Watch, it will be the same display size, same form factor, same subtle and humble awesomeness. A processor upgrade, and battery upgrade may be in the works, but thats all folks.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Watch, it will be the same display size, same form factor, same subtle and humble awesomeness. A processor upgrade, and battery upgrade may be in the works, but thats all folks.

Nay nay young gwasshoppeh. My foe-choon cookie say 5.2" 1080 2gb and 32gb but no SD and non weemovable battawee.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Prediction... The Moto X will get a mild hardware bump but the screen will remain for those who want that form factor.
The X+1 will be the hardware golden child with slightly bigger screen and bling options.

All will come with that buttery sweet software that we love. Done.

If you doubt the value of my words do this...

Print this out and go to your local gas station.
Attach a $5 bill then present it to the attendant on duty and he'll give you a free gallon of gas.

b-jammin21

Reaction score

I hope you're right. I also really hope they don't put a note size screen on the thing.

I think its size is perfect. Shoot, the X is about perfect as it is. Just a couple tweaks and upgrade the guts would be fine by me.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
The Moto X with a Maxx battery at its current screen size would be the perfect phone. The only thing I don't like about the current Moto X is the battery. Yeah it can get through the day with normal use, but I want something that can get through two days of heavy use or a full day of GPS without a charger.