Moto turbo mods 15 watt update

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I attached a turbo Moto mod to my Z2 force today and it did an update to support a new Moto mod it says is out or coming out for 15 watt Moto mod charging. Is that new or an old update haven't that update or news about that before?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think that's an older Mod update. If I remember correctly, my Moto Turbo Mod had one update a while back, none for the Moto Power Packs and the Hasselblad and Incipio Projector have both had a few updates.

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I can't find turbo battery packs anywhere but eBay now. No retail stores seem to carry or relieved mods for a while even Moto itself didn't have them in stock what's going on

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can't find turbo battery packs anywhere but eBay now. No retail stores seem to carry or relieved mods for a while even Moto itself didn't have them in stock what's going on

I don't think they are making Moto Mods anymore. So the only place to find them is third party sites, like eBay. Remember.....they only said three years of Moto Mods, and we are at the end of Year 3 (2016, 2017 and now 2018).

I think we will see new phones in 2019 that either don't have Moto Mods, or use a different kind of Moto Mod that is new and no longer compatible with the first three generations. That's what they told us all along.....three years.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I don't think they are making Moto Mods anymore. So the only place to find them is third party sites, like eBay. Remember.....they only said three years of Moto Mods, and we are at the end of Year 3 (2016, 2017 and now 2018).

I think we will see new phones in 2019 that either don't have Moto Mods, or use a different kind of Moto Mod that is new and no longer compatible with the first three generations. That's what they told us all along.....three years.

So they released the Z3 and made Bo mods for it that seems to be self defeating ??? I wish Moto would put out a road map

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They put out a road map for the Z Series. Three years of compatible Moto Mods. They never said they would make new ones every new, just three years of compatibility. And they lived up to that. It's time for them to move on to something new & different.