Moto Phone Portal - Droid to PC Media Sync(and More) via WiFi

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
Does this allow me to simply upload/sync my photos and videos from my phone or does all this have to initiated from the PC browser?

MarkB

Reaction score
Interesting, I get the File Manager tab in Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox or Chrome. Probably the only reason I have to use Internet Explorer at this point!

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Click on the "File manager" tab on the Browser app. This opens up an Explorer file folder window with all your SD card files, from there you can transfer to and from your PC all day long.

Interesting, I get the File Manager tab in Internet Explorer , but not in Firefox or Chrome. Probably the only reason I have to use Internet Explorer at this point!

Probably why I dont see it. Im on a Mac, no IE and even if I were on a PC I wouldnt use that garbage.

dwagner88

Reaction score
Interestingly, I was emailed a survey from Motorola asking me about this very program. It was very short, only about three questions, but I told them I would find it useful.

vearix

Reaction score
I wish you could see SMS as threads just like on the droid, its incredibly annoying saving a convo.

...unless I'm not seeing an option?

Nick177th

Reaction score
question, the only thing I've d/l'd other than apps from the android mkt was the gallery for 2.1. I just d/l'd zip viewer to open the MPP.zip. it is only giving me options to open it to my SD card. I know we can't run apps from our SD cards unless the phone is rooted. I'm not rooted. what the hell do I do now? Yes, yes, I know I'm a newbie. can someone walk me through what I'm supposed to do?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Just for the facts :) and that we are clear on the terminolgy so others aren't confused , Motorola Media Link Software (made by Nero) Motorola Media Link - Motorola USA is a PC based solution (131mb Download) used via USB cable connection.

Motorola Phone Portal (Phone Tools) that we are discussing here in this thread is a different animal, it is a phone based app that uses WiFi.

Last edited:

bcg33478

Reaction score
I have never tried it before until now, but you can even delete individual Phone calls from the Phone Call log..very handy for those guys/girls trying to hide certain calls recieved or placed :) You can also do the same thing with individual Web Browsing History records.
I'll bet Tiger Woods wished he had this app!!

MarkB

Reaction score
question, the only thing I've d/l'd other than apps from the android mkt was the gallery for 2.1. I just d/l'd zip viewer to open the MPP.zip. it is only giving me options to open it to my SD card. I know we can't run apps from our SD cards unless the phone is rooted. I'm not rooted. what the hell do I do now? Yes, yes, I know I'm a newbie. can someone walk me through what I'm supposed to do?

Are you running Windows on your PC? Your best bet would be to download the zip file to your desktop, unzip it on your PC and take the unzipped APK file and copy it to your SD card on the Droid. Then use a file manager like Astro to install it. Seems like just about everyone reporting problems with installing this is trying to unzip it on the Droid. No need to do that. You know how to move a file to your SD card, right? Download Astro from the market in order to then view all the files on your SD card, double tap it when you find it through Astro and you'll have the option to install.

If what I said doesn't seem to make sense to you, post back with exactly what you need clarified and we'll take it from there :)

DreamOperator

Reaction score
Ahhh, has anyone figured out how to run this over USB? I'm at work and wanting to play with it, but don't have access to WiFi here. When you start the program, it says you must connect over USB or turn on WiFi. So I'm assuming it can be run somehow from USB.

I've tried with the phone mounted and unmounted, but no luck.

I want to play!!!!!!

Me too! The app says it works using USB or WiFi, but it will only proceed if WiFi is connected.

Has anybody been successful with USB?

diverken

Reaction score
Installed app and it does work, but i found when using firefox the tab for managing files will not display, if i use IE the tab does show and works fine. firefox 3.57