928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
So does this app only work on the Moto Droid, or is it applicable to the HTC Eris?

In the article they were using it on other phones so I would try it. Only reason it wouldn't work is if it is not compatible with early OS versions. I will also try it on my wife's Eris later tonight.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
My laptop is telling me it can't open the APK file???

I emailed the unzipped file to my DROID and installed it from there. The computer gets no special software, it is browser based on it.

Let us know how you do.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
My laptop is telling me it can't open the APK file???

I emailed the unzipped file to my DROID and installed it from there. The computer gets no special software, it is browser based on it.

Let us know how you do.

Thanks for the help on this...

"Parse Error"
"There is a problem parsing the package"

MikeLowery

Reaction score
Hi Guys... downloaded this to the desktop, couldn't open it. Forwarded to my gmail acct and tried to open it with the Droid and it still wouldn't work... any suggestions? My phone tried to use Astro to open the .zip file

Skymutt

Reaction score
Any way we can be sure this isn't some piece of malware since it's not coming from market, or even downloaded from moto?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Any way we can be sure this isn't some piece of malware since it's not coming from market, or even downloaded from moto?

That is a risk you take no matter if you install an app from the Market or 3rd party. So far the only malicious Android app on record I am aware of CAME FROM THE MARKET.. just a week or so ago and it was sucking banking info !!

Concerning the Phone Tools app, you can save some tin foil by doing a Google search for "Motorola Phone Portal" . There is even a link to an Official Motorola Press release(directly on their website) where Motorola mentioned this tool whould come with the Milestone, but it has since been edited by Motorola. It is still a mystery why they didn't pursure this incredible app, but I have already given my opinion in previous posts here ($$).

Of course the Chinese Gov could have planted this app there 4 months ago to spy on the Droid Army that exists today :)

Last edited:

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
This is certainly an interesting find. Just got it running and looks like it has alot of potential. As has been mentioned, I wonder why it has not been promoted at all by Motorola? When I first started it up on browser it said something about transfer files. videos, play over wifi but I dont see any of that functionality in the browser app.

edit - closed the browser link and reopened. Guess it didnt say play over wifi, but did say "transfer files". Other than downloading pictures I dont see anything else.

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
This is certainly an interesting find. Just got it running and looks like it has alot of potential. As has been mentioned, I wonder why it has not been promoted at all by Motorola? When I first started it up on browser it said something about transfer files. videos, play over wifi but I dont see any of that functionality in the browser app.

edit - closed the browser link and reopened. Guess it didnt say play over wifi, but did say "transfer files". Other than downloading pictures I dont see anything else.

Click on the "File manager" tab on the Browser app. This opens up an Explorer file folder window with all your SD card files, from there you can transfer to and from your PC all day long.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Too funny, I hadn't tried "Playing Music" with the web browser, when I clicked a file to play it the song plays on my phone! I thought it would play it on the PC

Could be handy for changing/selecting playlists/songs on my desktop at work when listening with my BT headphones without pulling out the phone.

Interesting little app.