Moto G Plus, 4th Edition

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
I just got a Moto G Plus 4 last Tuesday with all the bells and whistles, 64Gigs Storage, 4Gigs RAM and 128Gigs SD, net $250 after $50 rebate (SD card added on top of that). Running on Verizon as no other provider can perform where I live. Sprint and ATT aren't worth the half price Sprint offers!

Everything is fine except the fingerprint device seems to want to keep me from answering calls. It may be configuration, but it is frustrating. Will work on it when I have time to test changes with a landline.

I moved from an S5 that had tired me of having to move apps to the SD card, tired of too sensitive a screen and that damned Nanney app Samsung put on to warn about loud volume when I'm using bluetooth headphones and control the volume on it. The worst thing was that awful usb port with the left handed orientation and the unneeded HDMI combo.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Great phone for the price! I see one in the future for my daughter's Birthday in October.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I was looking at one of these as an international device... Seemed very solid for the money.

~sent while mobile~

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just finished setting up my daughter's new Moto G4 Plus. Pretty snappy phone for the money. With no (absolutely none) carrier apps and pure Android it runs pretty smooth. I'm impressed with this thing; for what it sells for it's a great deal. she seems to really like it. The Moto App on the G4 does not have Driving Mode like it does on other Moto phones, so that's my only complaint. Not sure why they couldn't include Driving Mode, but since these are Global phones I guess there is a good reason. All in all I am happy with this phone so far.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Moto G4 Plus 64GB will be on sale Monday for $229.99. Pretty good deal on a mid range phone with a lot of high end features.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
The Moto G4 Plus 64GB will be on sale Monday for $229.99. Pretty good deal on a mid range phone with a lot of high end features.

Just went on sale again for $229, so ordered one for the wifey....AND, she'll be moving from an iPhone 6 Plus!!! Score one for our side...:)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just went on sale again for $229, so ordered one for the wifey....AND, she'll be moving from an iPhone 6 Plus!!! Score one for our side...:)
Good deal, congrats. . It's a nice phone for that price. Stock Android, but pretty smooth and fast enough for most users. My daughter dropped hers (4 times) and knocked the camera loose. Replacement should be here on Wednesday from Moto.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, Sajo. Hopefully the quality of outgoing calls will be better than that on my Nexus 6P (which is TERRIBLE! :confused:)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No call issues on my daughter's phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

rosariorose9

Reaction score
That's good to hear. I'm not alone with my 6P problem, by the way. The net is FILLED with users complaining of the same thing. Apparently it's related to the noise suppression software/hardware in the 6P, with literally thousands of complaints having been sent to Google on the issue (but without any fix).

JDH

Reaction score
The wife is very happy with her G5PLUS, great phone for terrific price.

Eianz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7
Agreed G5 Plus is the best affordable phone ever with great performance