moto e4Plus and Android 7.1.1 - trouble with xfr of pix

Tedson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto e4Plus
Twitter
@KK0DJ_Dennis
Phone: Motorola e4 Plus
PC OS: Windows 7 on one and Windows 10 on the other. Both patched and updated to present levels.
Security Software installed: BitDefender - both on moto and PCs - all at same version/updates
Problem: Inability to view any files or folders in Windows 7 or 10 when moto e4Plus is connected either by Bluetooth or USB.
What I have done so far:
1. Contacted Motorola - they didn't have a reason why this should not work, but gave me this to do, which didn't provide any joy:
a. Go to your Android Settings.
b. Select Applications.
c. Swipe until you reach "All" then you can see a "3 dots" on the upper right corner of the phone’s screen,.
d. Touch that then select "Reset App Preferences"

2. Contacted Motorola again - was given this to do, which I did but also with no joy.
a.With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
b.Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"
c.Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
*You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
d.Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.
e.Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
f."Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

3. I have searched the Droid Forum for help but found none that specifically had this issue.
4. Searched with the search "Moto e4Plus" and "Files & Folders not visible" with "Android 7.1.1" on Bing, Google.

I'm at an impasse right now. I can 'see' the phone and it connects properly. There are no issues in the device manager. There are no USB port issues. There are no BT issues. I looked through all of the settings (I presume I saw them all!) in BitDefender on both the phone and the Win7 and Win10 PCs. I could have missed something though... always a possibility.

So does anyone have a suggestion outside of the effort I have listed as done? Or any other flavor of help?
;-)
Thank you ahead of time!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hello. The second thing Moto support had you perform was a system cache clear. It's pretty standard help / support troubleshooting. It's usually step 1 or 2 of phone troubleshooting. When your phone is connected to a PC, any PC, what appears when you swipe DOWN on the Notification panel? By default the phone is probably in USB Charging mode only, and there should be options there to select File Transfer or Photo Transfer. Select File Transfer and give your PC a minute or so to install the driver's it needs to see your phone folder structure. I just did this tonight with a Moto Z2 and it took a Win 10 PC about 20 seconds to "see" the phone once I changed the connection mode from USB Charging to File Transfer.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CJM

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Have you enabled the Developer option in Settings/System/About phone.. Tap on Build Number to enable USB Debugging? If not then try. If you have already enabled USB Debugging then select 'Revoke USB debugging authorization' and toggle USB Debugging off then on

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here are what the screens look like on my Moto Z (pretty standard on most modern Android phones); I think these options were implemented with Marshmallow. The first is the Notification panel, and then after tapping the Notification.
daa059282338071496254b98c93de866.jpg
e64f47d4e5b1f6f4315ad313ca180cbf.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk