Moto E vs. Samsung Galaxy S5 - Surprising!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;3P9vDAY0U0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9vDAY0U0A[/video]

Tom Rich compares the new Motorola Moto E to the Samsung Galaxy S5.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Not bad. not bad at all.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Proves a point about the custom overlays slowing things down.

HNettles

Reaction score
I picked up a Moto E last month. Second generation, with LTE, from Cricket. I wanted to try out their $40 prepaid plan ($35 with autopay). I am happy with Cricket, and I plan to switch my main line from Verizon postpaid to Cricket and save a lot of money. I have already ported my number to Google Voice, which terminated my plan with Verizon. I am in the process of trying to trade out my Verizon Note 4 for an AT&T / GSM version of the same phone.

Back to the subject at hand, the Moto E. It is a cheap phone, and I really don't care for it. I don't play games on my phone, so I don't care about the cpu. But there are a number of small annoyances.

About 50% of the time, when I try to wake it up by pressing the power button, it doesn't work. On my Note 4, and my previous S3, a quick flick of the button and it was awake. Sometimes that works on the Moto E, sometimes not. And if I press the button too long, then when it does wake up it is offering to power down. Quite annoying.

Secondly, I don't use a lot of apps, but most of those I have tried will NOT rotate on-screen when I change to horizontal. I don't recall ever encountering that on my Samsung phones.

I'm not sure if my problems are due to Motorola, or just that this is a cheap phone, but I plan on dumping this one. I originally was going to keep it as a spare, but not now.

Mas_Googler

Reaction score
I picked up a Moto E last month. Second generation, with LTE, from Cricket. I wanted to try out their $40 prepaid plan ($35 with autopay). I am happy with Cricket, and I plan to switch my main line from Verizon postpaid to Cricket and save a lot of money. I have already ported my number to Google Voice, which terminated my plan with Verizon. I am in the process of trying to trade out my Verizon Note 4 for an AT&T / GSM version of the same phone.

Back to the subject at hand, the Moto E. It is a cheap phone, and I really don't care for it. I don't play games on my phone, so I don't care about the cpu. But there are a number of small annoyances.

About 50% of the time, when I try to wake it up by pressing the power button, it doesn't work. On my Note 4, and my previous S3, a quick flick of the button and it was awake. Sometimes that works on the Moto E, sometimes not. And if I press the button too long, then when it does wake up it is offering to power down. Quite annoying.

Secondly, I don't use a lot of apps, but most of those I have tried will NOT rotate on-screen when I change to horizontal. I don't recall ever encountering that on my Samsung phones.

I'm not sure if my problems are due to Motorola, or just that this is a cheap phone, but I plan on dumping this one. I originally was going to keep it as a spare, but not now.
A lot of times its the Android setting that prevents screen rotation, which can be turned in or off in the main settings menu on stock Android

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk