Moto dx bug fix update 4.5.602

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by wireman2161, Aug 15, 2011.

1. en28so

en28so Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh, and my battery life on. 602 is much better. On 596 my battery would die very fast, even while in idle. Not anymore.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

2. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    The major points of the .602 update are the 3g/1x data cutting off issue resolved and better battery life when using bluetooth.

3. kevinkar

kevinkar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not on my stock phone. Same hard button lights and it turns on automatically after I turn it off. I've never had problems with service so can't comment on that.

4. EricUnLtd

EricUnLtd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's noticeably improved, not that I had much of a problem with the previous update. The radio is better to me with this update. Pushing a lot better.

5. salem

salem Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The ota worked for you over rooted .596? I was under the impression that it wouldn't work.

6. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    No reason it wouldn't work as long as you stay stock after rooting. It would just take away your root and you'd have to SBF to get root back.

7. cece5702

cece5702 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    What do u mean when u say radio? Other than speed that's the only difference I can see

Sent from my DROIDX

8. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    The radio that comes with .602 doesn't have the same connection loss issues the previous version had. It also has better battery life with bluetooth, though I'm not entirely sure if the radio update did that or if it was the kernel.

9. Kasey Krehbiel

Ratings:
    +1
    Didn't see this before. Yes the update is compatible with liberty.

10. Leung

Leung Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know this quite a bump but does anyone know if there is a way to keep a pre-rooted 596 while also getting the 13p radio update?

The TBH two part install for 602 update caused my phone to keep "rebooting" if i used the volume button while in the middle of a media. I like the stability of TBH 596 but the 3g keeps switching back and forth to 1x or no data at all but a four bar connection.

11. draexo

draexo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a mod on another forum that is supposed to update any kernal to 13p radio. I do not know if I can link it here - if you can not find it via google, I will send you a link, just PM me.

I will say that ever since I moved here (2 years ago), with various roms (liberty, .602, .596 and CM7) I was having 3G issues at home, but not at work. I am between two towers at home and depending on which one I am hitting I get good signal or weak signal and even sometimes 3G drops. I do not know why this happens and why it seems to be random. At work I am full bars and 3G no problems. The tower at work is a half mile away. At home it is 3 miles in either direction. I am sitting with my phone next to me and have 3 bars. In an hour, in the same spot, I could have 1 bar. Actually... it just dropped now from 3 to 1. See what I mean?

You could also try the TBH full .602 SBF as there is now a hack to allow root access for .602. This would bring you up to the current version and baseband and still give you root access.

Hope this helps.

12. Leung

Leung Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah the street I live on is actually in a valley so inthink that contributes to the bad reception sometimes. When I was using that TBH 602 update with the 13p radio, I never dropped out of 3G. The only problem with that rom was my
    phone would randomly reboot when I hit the volume bottom while playing a game, listening to music or taking a
    picture. After going back to the TBH 596 update, I no longer had that problem with the volume button but I drop in and out of 3G.