Moto dx bug fix update 4.5.602

Leung

Reaction score
I know this quite a bump but does anyone know if there is a way to keep a pre-rooted 596 while also getting the 13p radio update?

The TBH two part install for 602 update caused my phone to keep "rebooting" if i used the volume button while in the middle of a media. I like the stability of TBH 596 but the 3g keeps switching back and forth to 1x or no data at all but a four bar connection.

draexo

Reaction score
I know this quite a bump but does anyone know if there is a way to keep a pre-rooted 596 while also getting the 13p radio update?

The TBH two part install for 602 update caused my phone to keep "rebooting" if i used the volume button while in the middle of a media. I like the stability of TBH 596 but the 3g keeps switching back and forth to 1x or no data at all but a four bar connection.

There is a mod on another forum that is supposed to update any kernal to 13p radio. I do not know if I can link it here - if you can not find it via google, I will send you a link, just PM me.

I will say that ever since I moved here (2 years ago), with various roms (liberty, .602, .596 and CM7) I was having 3G issues at home, but not at work. I am between two towers at home and depending on which one I am hitting I get good signal or weak signal and even sometimes 3G drops. I do not know why this happens and why it seems to be random. At work I am full bars and 3G no problems. The tower at work is a half mile away. At home it is 3 miles in either direction. I am sitting with my phone next to me and have 3 bars. In an hour, in the same spot, I could have 1 bar. Actually... it just dropped now from 3 to 1. See what I mean?

You could also try the TBH full .602 SBF as there is now a hack to allow root access for .602. This would bring you up to the current version and baseband and still give you root access.

Hope this helps.

Leung

Reaction score
There is a mod on another forum that is supposed to update any kernal to 13p radio. I do not know if I can link it here - if you can not find it via google, I will send you a link, just PM me.

I will say that ever since I moved here (2 years ago), with various roms (liberty, .602, .596 and CM7) I was having 3G issues at home, but not at work. I am between two towers at home and depending on which one I am hitting I get good signal or weak signal and even sometimes 3G drops. I do not know why this happens and why it seems to be random. At work I am full bars and 3G no problems. The tower at work is a half mile away. At home it is 3 miles in either direction. I am sitting with my phone next to me and have 3 bars. In an hour, in the same spot, I could have 1 bar. Actually... it just dropped now from 3 to 1. See what I mean?

You could also try the TBH full .602 SBF as there is now a hack to allow root access for .602. This would bring you up to the current version and baseband and still give you root access.

Hope this helps.

Yeah the street I live on is actually in a valley so inthink that contributes to the bad reception sometimes. When I was using that TBH 602 update with the 13p radio, I never dropped out of 3G. The only problem with that rom was my
phone would randomly reboot when I hit the volume bottom while playing a game, listening to music or taking a
picture. After going back to the TBH 596 update, I no longer had that problem with the volume button but I drop in and out of 3G.

draexo

Reaction score
Yeah the street I live on is actually in a valley so inthink that contributes to the bad reception sometimes. When I was using that TBH 602 update with the 13p radio, I never dropped out of 3G. The only problem with that rom was my
phone would randomly reboot when I hit the volume bottom while playing a game, listening to music or taking a
picture. After going back to the TBH 596 update, I no longer had that problem with the volume button but I drop in and out of 3G.

Maybe try the .602 SBF then root it with the new root tool.

I am on CM7 for now.

lemodular

Reaction score

I think that if you sbf back to 340, the 13p radio should still be there. Then install the pre-rooted 596.

Leung

Reaction score
I think that if you sbf back to 340, the 13p radio should still be there. Then install the pre-rooted 596.

i heard that that sometimes happens but not in my case. I always go back to the stock Froyo and then install the two part TBH files.