Moto dx bug fix update 4.5.602

nobull

Reaction score
So let me get this straight...if I am running rooted GB then I have to sbf in order to install the tbh patch or do the ota and loose root?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

draexo

Reaction score
I've been running gb since March and haven't had any issues

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Me too, on and off with Apex, CM7, and Liberty .9. Every single rom out there has issues or fixes required except the stock rom. The only problem I have had with the stock rom is random reboots, which happen in any rom. There are roms that have been out for 2 months that their devs seem to have abandoned, so we have to flash fixes to get them to work right. Just seems crazy to me. Even CM74DX has had a fix file that needs to be flashed. Why isn't this in the nightly by now? It has been out for over a month?! People say how great ROM X is, as long as you do not mind problem Z and how awesome ROM Y is as long as you overlook problem Q. And battery life?! No one on ROM C agrees. It is all insanity! And ROM X really IS great, except it is almost 3 months since anyone has seen the dev and you can not use your bluetooth on it, unless you hold it upside down at a 30 degree angle to the internal antenna. But otherwise, it is a great ROM. And the THEMES! Whoa, the themes! They are great. As long as you can blind dial because they make your number pad black on black.

The more I learn the more I like my rooted stock, but I am waiting on Liberty to fix some bugs before I abandon customizing my phone and go back to stock. Maybe, just maybe, in a moment of weakness, I might try CM7 again. Maybe.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Me too, on and off with Apex, CM7, and Liberty .9. Every single rom out there has issues or fixes required except the stock rom. The only problem I have had with the stock rom is random reboots, which happen in any rom. There are roms that have been out for 2 months that their devs seem to have abandoned, so we have to flash fixes to get them to work right. Just seems crazy to me. Even CM74DX has had a fix file that needs to be flashed. Why isn't this in the nightly by now? It has been out for over a month?! People say how great ROM X is, as long as you do not mind problem Z and how awesome ROM Y is as long as you overlook problem Q. And battery life?! No one on ROM C agrees. It is all insanity! And ROM X really IS great, except it is almost 3 months since anyone has seen the dev and you can not use your bluetooth on it, unless you hold it upside down at a 30 degree angle to the internal antenna. But otherwise, it is a great ROM. And the THEMES! Whoa, the themes! They are great. As long as you can blind dial because they make your number pad black on black.

The more I learn the more I like my rooted stock, but I am waiting on Liberty to fix some bugs before I abandon customizing my phone and go back to stock. Maybe, just maybe, in a moment of weakness, I might try CM7 again. Maybe.

I disagree. When I was on stock, I had more issues than the custom ROMs I have tried. Stock sucks, and thanks to the aftermarket, I have a blazing fast phone and am getting 20+ hours of battery life. I am sitting at 19 hours and 30 minutes right now and I still have 3.778 mV remaining on my charge. Thanks CM7 and extended battery.

CM74DX

Leung

Reaction score
I haven't seen any issues with the rooted version of tbh .596 yet. Battery life is great, my led lights up the color I want. I don't use blue tooth so if it doesn't work, im not worried. Oh did I mention I got to keep my root?

Bus36

Reaction score
Just wondering, which bugs does the 602 update supposedly fixed? hopefully they fix the 3g data conectivity problem cutting off.

motorola droid x stock
verizon update 602 installed
gingerbread 2.3.3
32 GB class 10 micro sd card

en28so

Reaction score
I installed the TBH rooted. 602 and my phone is running great. I haven't had any issues yet. This update seems to have fixed the constant rebooting that I had with the. 596.

en28so

Reaction score
Oh, and my battery life on. 602 is much better. On 596 my battery would die very fast, even while in idle. Not anymore.

Reaction score
Just wondering, which bugs does the 602 update supposedly fixed? hopefully they fix the 3g data conectivity problem cutting off.

The major points of the .602 update are the 3g/1x data cutting off issue resolved and better battery life when using bluetooth.

kevinkar

Reaction score
There's a lot of threads on update. MDW, DROIDX. For some it improves service, corrects hard button lights, stops phone from random power ups.
Not on my stock phone. Same hard button lights and it turns on automatically after I turn it off. I've never had problems with service so can't comment on that.

EricUnLtd

Reaction score
It's noticeably improved, not that I had much of a problem with the previous update. The radio is better to me with this update. Pushing a lot better.

salem

Reaction score
Installed just fine on rooted .596, updated radios as appropriate but it did break root. Guess I have to wait for TBH to come out with the public .602 root update.

Cheers
The ota worked for you over rooted .596? I was under the impression that it wouldn't work.

Reaction score
No reason it wouldn't work as long as you stay stock after rooting. It would just take away your root and you'd have to SBF to get root back.

cece5702

Reaction score
The biggest thing i see is the 13 p radio and some other minor stuff. I want the new radio but i'm pretty happy with v.9 dont really want to be stuck without it . Any thoughts on compatibility with liberty?

What do u mean when u say radio? Other than speed that's the only difference I can see

Sent from my DROIDX

Reaction score
The radio that comes with .602 doesn't have the same connection loss issues the previous version had. It also has better battery life with bluetooth, though I'm not entirely sure if the radio update did that or if it was the kernel.

Reaction score
The biggest thing i see is the 13 p radio and some other minor stuff. I want the new radio but i'm pretty happy with v.9 dont really want to be stuck without it . Any thoughts on compatibility with liberty?

Didn't see this before. Yes the update is compatible with liberty.