Moto droid vs. htc desire

Jkeith247

Reaction score
Through an unfortunate round of circumstances I have been presented with the option of waiting for a Moto Droid or getting an HTC Desire NOW. Now, I know the desire is more powerfull and feature rich, but what I am a little worried about is the fact that it is so new (unreleased?) that it has not been rooted yet. If the Nexus One is rooted does that also mean that the Desire is rooted??? If so, then I my answer is clear. What are your thoughts on going from Moto Droid to HTC Desire?

Last edited:
OP
J

Jkeith247

Reaction score
The desire has a 1.0ghz processor out of the box....

Mercutio

Reaction score
I suspect that no other Android device will ever have the hacking support which the Droid currently enjoys. Also, I don't believe that root techniques on the N1 will work on the Desire.

That said, I'd spring for the Desire.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I think I read the Desire has been underlocked to 768mhz.

OP
J

Jkeith247

Reaction score
ok... so my droid has been stolen... any one have a good way to track it??? I have no tracking software installed,... :-(

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you start a thread today about what phone to get....

1.wait for droid
2. get DESIRE NOW

and all of a sudden your DROID has been stolen.... some thing smells funny

-=Jason=-

OP
J

Jkeith247

Reaction score
Smells funny? LOL. Yes, the unfortunate round of circumstances was that my phone was stolen.... The insurance companies replacement is a desire. They are our of stock on the droid. I can wait if I must but they have the desire now. So, why I must ask, do you guys think the droid has so much "hacking" support? Do you not think that the desire will catch on with the same "hacking" community? It seems to me "silly" that it would not even due to the snapdraggon processor alone.... Just curious.

armeddroid

Reaction score
The Desire is hot. I am waiting to see what kind of phones rival the EVO 4G. Then i will look at options.

mastermindnate

Reaction score
yea.. i would say the droid. only because it has such a HUGE user base already, and the hacking/modding support rivals that of the iphone.. i say go with the droid.. it can be overclocked ( to a stable 1GHZ) if thats what ur worried about... + games and other large developers are finally coming on board and really getting some GREAT apps.. not to mention the keyboard is very handy

the3dolla

Reaction score
I don't get it, is the Desire out on Verizon? or are they giving you something pre-release?

Darkseider

Reaction score
Droid = OMAP Cortex A-8 processor w/ dedicated GPU which can be OC'd if rooted.

Desire = 768 Mhz Snaprdragon w/ no dedicated GPU and is unknown whether or not can be rooted.