Moto Droid Virgin

Kroppduster

Reaction score
Hello from Portland,Ore.

New Moto Droid owner, not sure if I like it yet but it is real early in the game.

came from BB 8330 world and it's amazing the difference. I'll figure it out.

anxious to use this forum. trying to transfer contacts proving to be very difficult.

Thanks for reading.

Kroppduster

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know there's a thread I saw here about someone doing the same thing and people jumping in to help. Search a bit, you'll find it.

Welcome and hope you stick around for a bit. Just in case you weren't aware, there's no tuition, membership fee, or annual installments to be made here, so it's boat loads of info and great people for a whole lot less than your phone costs. :D

mcinvaille

Reaction score
I came from a BB Curve and was using it to its maximum ability. I will go ahead and warn you, the onboard keyboard and the slider are no BB equivalent. As time goes by you will however get used to both (I stick with onscreen). Once you get used to things you will never look back. There were times when I thought "whats the big deal" but you eventually will discover it. One big App I want to turn you one to; Dialer-One" works just like a BB for dialing letters that match contacts names until the right one pops up. I looked for that one for 3 months! So, you are now ahead of the game. Good luck and just keep reading...

Mac

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
Hello from Portland,Ore.

New Moto Droid owner, not sure if I like it yet but it is real early in the game.

came from BB 8330 world and it's amazing the difference. I'll figure it out.

anxious to use this forum. trying to transfer contacts proving to be very difficult.

Thanks for reading.

Kroppduster

Welcome to Droid Land. You wont miss your BB. I came from a Tour and had a Storm 1 before that. Your only thing you would missing is BB Messenger. i used it with my Wife but made an easy fix. Moved her to Google Talk. That allows for PC and Phone use unlike BB Messenger.

As for contacts who did you have them in your BB? Did you just add them in the phone one at time? If you can dump it as a csv file you can upload it to your google account.