Moto Droid Supposedly Getting Froyo on 7/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

antron007

Reaction score
I've about given up on 2.2 and am ready to root my phone since Verizon and Motorola doesn't care about their customers...

Hey now. I'm no fan of any corporate structure when it comes down to it but, them caring about their customers is exactly why its taking so long.

How would you feel as a customer if your update made your phone crappier as opposed to better. I just got my Droid about 4 months ago and I guess that 2.1-1 just came out a few weeks before that.

Maybe I'm an old crony or we're all just spoiled but I remember when you bought a phone and that was it. No updates what you bought is What you got. Wanted an upgrade? Buy a new phone. We're lucky to even get anything like an update so quit crying people.

BTW I am just as anxious as anyone and don't want to root so I'm stuck waiting too. But lets be real my Droid is still freaking awesome. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2.2 is coming!!!! In the meantime, buy one of Droid Forum tee shirts. Nope I don't do commercials, but I got mine today and it's really cool. Preshrunk 100% cotton, it's real nice. If you order now you'll have it in plenty of time to celebrate 2.2 arriving for the Droid.

Week of 8/7 is when the fun begins. I still haven't heard anything different.

Wait until you see the chrome2phone feature. It's just too cool.

Wraith

Reaction score
Guess I should have said "now officially end of life" instead of "unsupported"...but that is just the fealing I get.

Technology still moving too fast!

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I've about given up on 2.2 and am ready to root my phone since Verizon and Motorola doesn't care about their customers...

Hey now. I'm no fan of any corporate structure when it comes down to it but, them caring about their customers is exactly why its taking so long.

How would you feel as a customer if your update made your phone crappier as opposed to better. I just got my Droid about 4 months ago and I guess that 2.1-1 just came out a few weeks before that.

Maybe I'm an old crony or we're all just spoiled but I remember when you bought a phone and that was it. No updates what you bought is What you got. Wanted an upgrade? Buy a new phone. We're lucky to even get anything like an update so quit crying people.

BTW I am just as anxious as anyone and don't want to root so I'm stuck waiting too. But lets be real my Droid is still freaking awesome. :)

Agree, a little communication goes a long way....

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
2.2 is coming!!!! In the meantime, buy one of Droid Forum tee shirts. Nope I don't do commercials, but I got mine today and it's really cool. Preshrunk 100% cotton, it's real nice. If you order now you'll have it in plenty of time to celebrate 2.2 arriving for the Droid.

chrome2phone is the main thing that keeps me from going back to non-rooted 2.1 - use it ALL the time... i like the firefox version better as it puts the option in the right-click menu

droid2d2

Reaction score
Don't be confused....Time will tell the truth and when 8.07 rolls around we will see another thread merged with this thread stating what happen to 8/07/10 and why now September.

BlackRose

Reaction score

Excuse my ignorance, but what is chrome2phone?

dangell26

Reaction score
Verizon's site used to say Flash coming for the Droid 1 in late summer, not all it says it "upgradeable to android 2.1"

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow, sorry for the double post... that's NOT how it happened in my browser

@Blackrose - chrometophone is a nifty way to send stuff (links, maps, directions) from your browser (chrome or firefox) to your phone - it sounds like no big deal, but it's pretty handy

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
the grammar of this article completely rids of of any validity to me, but i thought i'd share anyway ;)

Android 2.2 Froyo Coming to Motorola DROID 1/DROID X & HTC Incredible on August 6th? | Tech Techies

haha way to bash people about there grammer and then mess it up yourself lol

Notice the post after that... I corrected it before it submitted, then ended up with two posts. Plus, there is a big difference between a typo and that article. Though I'm suspicious that article is a translation issue more than anything else, but I just thought it was funny. Kind of like the age old ' all your base are belong to us', if anybody remembers that.

Status
Not open for further replies.