Moto Droid Supposedly Getting Froyo on 7/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

vboogieman

Reaction score
FU Moto FU VZW

Ridiculous that we have to wait without any valid info from VZW or MOTO on when we woudl get 2.2.

SO FU MOTO AND FU VZW

vboogieman

Reaction score
argggg

Well it just pisses me off. I spent good money on this phone and now all MOTO and VZW are worried about is their Droid x, Droid 2 BS.

What about us customers who have original droid. What are we chopped liver now?

I shouldn't have to root my phone to enjoy an OS that has been out and others are installing with root no problem.

So like I said FU MOTO FU VZW

vboogieman

Reaction score
yeah it's a very personal follow up with VZW and MOTO :)

I'm jus tventing I love my Droid. I'm just sick of no release info given and seeing tons of articles now abotu Droid X and when they are getting it yada yada yada

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I spent good money on this phone and now all MOTO and VZW are worried about is their Droid x, Droid 2

When you bought the phone was Android 2.2 promised in your contract?

Most of us are just happy that Moto, Verizon, and Google have done us as good as they have, nothing was promised, just given, and more will come, in due time.

It's like that movie "Feild of Droids".....if you MOD it, it will come

vboogieman

Reaction score
I really don't want to root but I think I am gonna have to do it.

sick of searching every day on all the forums for some kind of word or reassurance we will get it and seeing only Droid X articles...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
yeah it's a very personal follow up with VZW and MOTO :)

I'm jus tventing I love my Droid. I'm just sick of no release info given and seeing tons of articles now abotu Droid X and when they are getting it yada yada yada

When is the X getting 2.2?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I shouldn't have to root my phone to enjoy an OS that has been out and others are installing with root no problem.

last I checked, only the N1 has it officially, and the Droid 1 is set to get it before the X

radsaq

Reaction score
Motivation definitely exists for Motorola, Verizon, and Google to get 2.2 on the Droid 1 for the simple fact that more devices running the latest version of Android makes developers happy (because they need to worry less about compatibility between versions) and makes users happy (because they've got the latest and greatest software).

Having 1.5 and 1.6 on so many devices really doesn't do anything good for the developers or users. Leaving devices to fester with old software versions makes development more painful and is likely to anger customers who watch their devices age ridiculously prematurely in the life of their contract. (Sure, 2.1 isn't out of date at this point, but when we're all talking about the 3.1 upgrade, it will be.)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous that we have to wait without any valid info from VZW or MOTO on when we woudl get 2.2.

SO FU MOTO AND FU VZW

I agree completely! My life is worthless without knowing what day and hour my phone will have 2.2. Can't eat, can't sleep. My marriage is on the rocks.

If I just KNEW when I will be getting the upgrade I could plan my life. But as it is, I cannot make vacation plans. Can't turn off my phone in a theater so I can't go to a movie.

I'm considering legal action.

slinky

Reaction score

SO FU MOTO AND FU VZW

I agree completely! My life is worthless without knowing what day and hour my phone will have 2.2. Can't eat, can't sleep. My marriage is on the rocks.

If I just KNEW when I will be getting the upgrade I could plan my life. But as it is, I cannot make vacation plans. Can't turn off my phone in a theater so I can't go to a movie.
After having to clean my phone and start from scratch, I have only installed my 5 most used applications because without 2.2, 10% of my life would be spent on updating applications every darn day. Something as simple as an "update all" button seems to have evaded Google until now.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
If, as stated earlier in the forum, VZW, and Motorola read this forum, they must find some of the posts here entertaining.

What is with the whole "(expletive) VZW, (expletive) Motorola" attitude?

If the two companies aren't out and out lying to us, they are conspiring to take our money, and not give us an update, or they are trying to force us into upgrading to the D2 or Dx or the Incredible, so they can rake us for more money.. Or, VZW is conspiring, against motorola's wishes, to keep 2.2 out of our hands, because, *gasp* the Droid is "end-of-life" or they don't like the Wi-Fi tethering, or they found a bug and sent it back to motorola, or they want to lock something down/out so as to restrict our freedoms, yadda, yadda, yadda..

I remember seeing several sources stating that the Droid will get 2.2, I haven't seen anything, other rumors, innuendo, conspiracy, and outright febrile hallucinations that would indicate that we are not. The first date of 7/13 was based on a rumor, with nothing to back it up. So far, our sources here have said 8/7 and have not backed off of that.

So, I am not worried.

vboogieman

Reaction score
Yeah I see you have some valid points. I guess I am just super impatient :)

I still love you VZW and MOTO

Status
Not open for further replies.