Moto Droid Supposedly Getting Froyo on 7/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
2.2 will probably be the last major update for the Droid. 3.0 and beyond are going to have system requirements beyond the Droid's.

Not true says Google: http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/02/google-shuts-down-gingerbread-rumors/

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jaed569

Reaction score
Unfortunately with the great developers we have... it's basically pointless to wait for the official releases by Verizon/Moto

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Whats funny is that i got my Droid for Xmas and havent received the 2.1 update yet...lol

I had to do it myself.

Khyzzer123

Reaction score
Oh god i hope so, My birthday is the very next day so itll be an early birthday present(;

NetNathan

Reaction score
Okay.....
I know this question has been asked a million times......but i haven't seen it on this thread.

If I allow the upgrade to Froyo by Verizon, will it CLEANLY overwrite my rooted Droid running BB 1.1?

Then I just go through the whole root process again, load a new rom and then use Titanium Backup to restore?

Sent from NetNathan's Droid using Tapatalk.

entwined82

Reaction score
I hope it comes out soon - but I'm worried about moving goalposts.

When we were waiting for 2.1 everyone was saying that the big thing about 2.1 was that it would enable Flash support on Android.

Now it's a few months later and we're waiting for 2.2 which will enable Flash support on Android.

I'm just hoping they don't block it in the official 2.2 release - and make us wait for 2.3 or 3.0 or whatever comes next before we get Flash.

I can't recall them EVER promising Flash with 2.1 or even that it would enable it. People thought it would be included but Motorola never said it, neither did Verizon nor Adobe.

I'm running FRF84B with Flash. It works, its real. It'll be working for all 2.2 users.

jchavez

Reaction score
Why would you want to get the udate and get charged for tethering, the oms we have are way better

ljprevo

Reaction score
My question is when Froyo OTA comes out will you have to wipe your Cache? I have a lot of stuff setup on my 2.1 that I would like to keep and not have to spend all the time setting it back up. Will you be able to go from 2.1 to 2.2 without wiping Cache?

Greko

Reaction score
2.2 (Froyo) will draw more juice

I plan upon using the Hotspot, occasionally. More juice will be used. A better battery would really help. I've tweeked as many energy saving apps as possible. Any word on battery upgrades for the Droid?

mitchb2

Reaction score
So assuming the 7/13 date is real (not holding breath) could we expect to see the zip file before that?

Eitel

Reaction score
Okay.....
I know this question has been asked a million times......but i haven't seen it on this thread.

If I allow the upgrade to Froyo by Verizon, will it CLEANLY overwrite my rooted Droid running BB 1.1?

Then I just go through the whole root process again, load a new rom and then use Titanium Backup to restore?

Sent from NetNathan's Droid using Tapatalk.

Yes and no. Yes, it will overwrite your rooted Droid to a 2.2 unrooted status. But no, because if you're running BB 1.1 you will not get 2.2 OTA, since the ROM you're using is blocking the OTA's.

You will need to go back to stock 2.1 or wait until somebody posts a direct download link to the final 2.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.