Moto Droid Supposedly Getting Froyo on 7/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd personally be interested to know WHY it's taking Moto/VZW so long to get this Froyo update together - my thought is that it has something to do with getting the network ready for the new tethering/hotspot options. However, in my case, the release date doesn't really matter. I already AM and have been running Froyo since the day it leaked. The truth is, the official update will likely never touch my phone. I made the mistake of unrooting and allowing the official 2.1 update to install; had to use an SBF file to go back to 2.0.1 and get my root/custom recovery going again.

For those who cannot root (company owned phone, folks on a Mac, etc.) just be patient, when it DOES drop, it will be worth the wait. For everyone else, what are you waiting for? Root away!

Reaction score
Froyo No-Show? Are we chasing the carrot-on-a-stick again??

I felt like THIS DUDE >>> dancedroid after watching at my clock turn 12:01am.

Although... I also woke up this morning believing (yet again) we :motdroidvert: Moto Droid users will be playing the "android waiting game" for the software update that seemingly won't get to us till (I believe) faaaaarrrr after the so-called release date. :icon_evil:

Wasn't that update supposed to launch this morning??
Where's my fricken froyo??!! (lol)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sorry to get everyone's hopes up :(

Hey, we are hearing an additional couple of weeks. Stuff happens like this all the time. Originally I heard early June. Now we are hearing August 1 or week of. All we can do is talk about what we hear, that's why they call them rumors.

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
Myself I wouldn't care if it never rolls out since Ive already had froyo on my droid ever since it leaked, im flashing CM6 over now :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Myself I wouldn't care if it never rolls out since Ive already had froyo on my droid ever since it leaked, im flashing CM6 over now :)

I've been running it for weeks myself. It's still fun though to watch it come out for everyone. This is a much better update then 2.1 was.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again

If anyone is upset don't be. VZW and Moto are working hard to make sure the OTA is right and bug free......

Also I never said the 13th for me it was end of the month. So in essence the push back is only 2 weeks at most

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again

If anyone is upset don't be. VZW and Moto are working hard to make sure the OTA is right and bug free......

Also I never said the 13th for me it was end of the month. So in essence the push back is only 2 weeks at most

lol, yeah 2 days makes a big difference. :rolleyes:

desertech

Reaction score
OK I'm giving in can some one post that link for the rooting instructions again I can't remember where I saw it I would greatly appreciate it thank you in advance

Droid592

Reaction score
I'm thinking it will be a bit before they come out with it, I mean the droid x is coming out running 2.1 (inside source) says he hasn't heard anything about a ota update till late august if were lucky.

JoePhoto

Reaction score
I'm not rooted so I'm one waiting for the OTA. I'm anxious for the flash support, but more importantly, I'm running out of room with regards to internal storage. I've forgone downloading apps I want to try and have been removing little used ones. I'm really pining for the App to SD feature so I can get as many apps as I can onto the SD to open up some storage.

Was really hoping today would be the day, but I can wait till the end of the month.

Skytile

Reaction score
This is it. I'm going to get some FroYo. TCBY, anyone? All this talk about Froyo gives me such a craving! And I haven't even had breakfast yet!

When I went into my Verizon store innocently asking questions the other day, I asked when my Droid would be getting some Froyo goodness. (Instead of my stomach.) They said they hadn't even heard anything about when it's coming to the Droid. If the X gets this before mine gets it, I'm gonna be sad! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.