Moto Droid SMS Question

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by evolushun, Feb 8, 2010.

1. evolushun

evolushun New Member

Hi everyone. I'm new here and as I did some searching on a certain topic, I feel I may have overlooked it or it hasn't been discussed. My girlfriend has the Eris and I have the Droid. I love the way her SMS widget shows the texts on her screen and I dont have one like it...is there a program I can purchase to get this widget or is it an Eris only feature?
  2. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

I think you might be looking for something like an app called pure messenger. Look it up in the market, you have to pay for it tho (I think it's like $1.99 or $2.99 or something). Also in case you didn't know, any app you pay for from the market you can try for 24 hours and decide to uninstall it to get a full refund before the 24 hours is up.
  3. evolushun

evolushun New Member

I'll try that out...thanks for the quick response!
  4. evolushun

evolushun New Member

After looking at it on the market, I realized I have tried that one before...I did in fact get a refund because it didn't work as seamless as the Eris' messenger. Maybe someone here has used it and I just missed some settings? LOL
  5. Demo24

Demo24 New Member

Handcent do what you need? It pops up a notification with the message in it, so you don't have to go to the task bar to open the message.
  6. evolushun

evolushun New Member

After reading that, I have SMS Pop Up so I get the notifications like that...I guess I just like the rolodex-effect and the way its in a widget and not in the app where I have to click on it...I can just set a page to have my messages...make sense?
  7. superbee1970440

superbee1970440 New Member

+1 on handcent SMS. In my opinion this is the best SMS app out there. Infinitely customizeable!
  8. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

Chompsms is my favorite. Had issues with handcent. Both have quick reply pop up options.
  9. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

But neither Handcent or Chompsms are like the Eris "widget". My wife loves hers, but I hate it. I think it is more of a use what you are used to issue though.
  10. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I used to use Handcent as my texting companion, but I just decided I'd go for a change....so I uninstalled it and have been using the default texting app for a week or 2 now ad it's been doing fine...

But yeah I tried ChompSMS one time and didn't really like it after using Handcent for a long time....ChompSMS just seemed "cheap" looking, ya know??
  11. bigthinker

bigthinker New Member

I had problems with both handcent and chomp.....default for me until something drastically improves.:motdroidhoriz:
  12. ktruba

ktruba New Member

Try SMS Popup

It doesn't have a widget that continually shows your messages on your screen however when you get a message it pops up a bubble, shows pictures, the text, and even a quick reply section or a button to go reply to it. Pretty neat and its a good addition to the native messaging app if you dont want to download Handcent or Chomp.

http://www.droidweek.com/archive/sms_popup/
  13. fraze

fraze New Member

Not too keep this topic off-topic, but I've tried both Handcent and Chomp. I like each for different reasons, but have been using Handcent now for the past few months. I enjoyed Chomp's SMS GUI better than Handcents. But Handcent seems to handle receiving MMS messages better and sending MMS to groups, etc...

Just my 2 cents... :)
Search tags for this page

droidsms themes