Moto Droid Sensors

jared1337

Reaction score
Ok, so i have found 3 sensors on the motorola drod and there is one at the top by the color LED that I cant figure out what its used for. Take a look at the picture and someone please let me know if they know what its used for. Thanks. Its the one circled in the top right corner. Whats it used for?

motorola-droid-press-photo-2.jpg

BzB

Reaction score
top right is the light sensor, if you have auto brightness enabled that sensor adjusts it as necessary.

the top left sensors are the proximity sensors to turn off the screen when you take a call and put the phone to your face.

at least i think that's what they are... :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
top right is the light sensor, if you have auto brightness enabled that sensor adjusts it as necessary.

the top left sensors are the proximity sensors to turn off the screen when you take a call and put the phone to your face.

Sounds like a good educated guess.:)

OP
J

jared1337

Reaction score
for some reason i could have swore the color led was most top but i gess its top far right and the sensor is most top right.

BzB

Reaction score

Sounds like a good educated guess.:)

i think i read it here somewhere.... lot's of good information flying around this place. :)