Moto Droid screen completly shattered

pigness

Reaction score
I was out camping with some friends, with my phone on my lap. I decided to adjust myself, which made my phone fall..About 6inches inches. Seeing how I've dropped it from higher things than that I just put it in my pocket, about 2 hours later I checked it and noticed it was completely spider webbed shattered from top to bottom. The bottom is shattered so fine that reading through it is impossible.

I am insured, but was wondering how much it is to get it replaced with insurance?

Last edited:

johall07

Reaction score
I was out camping with some friends, with my phone on my lap. I decided to adjust myself, which made my phone fall..About 6inches inches. Seeing how I've dropped it from higher things than that I just put it in my pocket, about 2 hours later I checked it and noticed it was completely spider webbed shattered from top to bottom. The bottom is shattered so fine that reading through it is impossible.

I am insured, but was wondering how much it is to get it replaced with insurance?

$89 just went through the whole process myself

Reaction score
It should be 50 bucks, thats the typical fee to replace it. I would contact asurion to make sure.

OP
P

pigness

Reaction score

$89 just went through the whole process myself

jeez, So ridiculous. :/

manningfan10

Reaction score
its 89 and not 50 because it is considered a smartphone not a regular phone

liguy257

Reaction score

funny thing is if you dont have insurance verizon will replace it for $50 but if you have the insurance you gotta pay $89

This doesn't make sense, please elaborate. Why would Verizon replace a user-damaged phone for any reason, let alone for significantly less than if you had insurance?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

funny thing is if you dont have insurance verizon will replace it for $50 but if you have the insurance you gotta pay $89

If you pay for the insurance then id hope they would give you a new one for the $89. I pay for the insurance and if you only get a refurb then might as well go through Verizon.

Reaction score
Verizon wouldn't replace either since it is physical damage and not covered under warranty.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Pictures???

Lol that's exactly what I was gonna say. It's a shame that as technology gets better, electronics only seem to get more fragile. I dropped my old RAZR so many times it looked as if it'd seen a tour of Iraq. I dread the first time I drop my Droid, as I'm sure it'll be done for. Too bad it can't pull itself back together T-1000 style eh? ;)

gixxerboy

Reaction score
lol terminator too bad it cant shape itself and make the screen bigger and pics please