Moto Droid price?

Shinobi326

Reaction score
Ok... I'm reading through the forums here and I notice people saying they got their droid for $199 (+tax) with the 'new every 2' Verizon thing. When you add in the $100 rebate card coming the real price is $99.99 + tax.

I got mine on New Years day and I definitely was not on a contract for a long time (I've been waiting for the Droid and some cash to get it). However, when I look at my receipt it says I paid $249.99 (+tax) for it, not $199.

Did I get taken for a ride? If so, anything I can do about it?

Guchi

Reaction score
i got mine for $100 with a $100 mail in rebate! Free Droid!!!

check your bank statment.....

Diordna

Reaction score
Anything to do with your credit?

I paid $199 for my droid on wirefly and then since I have no credit in was +$400 more..

JamesX

Reaction score
New Every 2 Years is -$50.

You might not have gotten the New Every 2 Year discount. Call Verizon if you are suppose to get it.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I dont know how some people got some of the incredible prices they did unless they hadnt upgraded in years. I paid $299 + tax + $35 early upgrade. I did get the $100 rebate, so it came to about $250 total after rebate.

Wife got hers for $199 out the door and she wasnt even eligible for upgrade. She did get an email with a special offer for $199 but the rep didnt believe us. Had to go and print out the offer and it was honored. No mail in, no tax, no early upgrade fee. Go figure.

Tekmazter

Reaction score
I bought mine at Best Buy for $149.00 as they honored my $50.00 discount thru Verizon and BB doesn't do mail in rebates so you get the $100.00 would-be mail in rebate instantly.

OP
S

Shinobi326

Reaction score
Can you guys post/link something where I should have gotten this thing for $199 instead of $249? I'm still baffled because I went to a real Verizon kiosk to get this thing.

LordKastle

Reaction score
You got the phone at $250 because of sales tax. I purchased a phone for someone else and sent 300 just because of the sales tax. The phone costs $199 with the 2 year contract agreement or if you are eligible for an upgrade. The only reason why people got it for 100/150 is because they were in line for an additional discount.

When you buy it online or at BestBuy, the rebate is instant. If you went to a store you would pay $299 with a 100 dollar rebate.

Last edited:

KarenElissa

Reaction score
You got the normal price. If you buy it online or at best buy, it is $199, including an instant rebate. If you buy it at a store it is $299 with a $100 mail in rebate, and minus whatever ne2 discount you have.

actrack03

Reaction score
If you got it from Verizon it looks like you paid less than most. Verizon is 299.99 with a 100.00 mail in rebate. I'm guessing you had a $50 discount unless the Verizon price changed to a $50 instant with no Mail in rebate. Just guessing.

OP
S

Shinobi326

Reaction score
Well I just called up VW and here is what they said. They did give me the new every 2 $50 credit thus making this $249.99+tax. I still will get the $100 rebate Visa Card making this $150+tax in the long run. Where people are getting this for $100 is by getting their Droid from the VW website directly OR going to Best Buy or some other outfit.

So basically I get 'punished' by going to a real Verizon location instead of ordering directly from the website. I hate this double standard crap! I have the phone now so it's not worth the $50 bucks to return this and order via the website...grrrrr!

LordKastle

Reaction score
No... it would be no different wherever you went. You are not being punished. Some of them have a 100 dollar discount on top of the rebate because of the amount of lines they have, I believe.

The only way you are being punished is by waiting for your 100 visa card rebate rather than getting it instantly as you would have online or at BestBuy. Your 50 deduction would not have changed to 100 at BB or online.