moto droid or incredible

Sal

Reaction score
lol. If i was a .ini file there would a line of code that says:

ImpulseControl = 0
RemorseFlag = 1
RemindDroidPurchase = 1

lmao. Not even 100% sure what an ini file is and I get it!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love my rooted droid, but the incredible looks damn fine. if you don't need the physical keyboard, the choice is an easy one.

i'm waiting for moto droid 2 to drop right before christmas when my NE2 is up :)

joeymoose

Reaction score
thats even better! I cant believe i will make a profit after i sell the Droid and get the incredible

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

silentbob343

Reaction score
thats even better! I cant believe i will make a profit after i sell the Droid and get the incredible

Admittedly that was last week before the incredible was leaked early and all of the reviews. I get my $100 cashback from the wirefly Bing promotion in four days if I can get $400 with accessories I'd buy the incredible.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love my rooted droid, but the incredible looks damn fine. if you don't need the physical keyboard, the choice is an easy one.

i'm waiting for moto droid 2 to drop right before christmas when my NE2 is up :)

Christmas of what year? :rofl3:

lol - I don't think Moto is going to want HTC to stay on top - I predict they drop a new DROID in time for the holiday season

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

lol - I don't think Moto is going to want HTC to stay on top - I predict they drop a new DROID in time for the holiday season

Not sure about this. It could happen but they would have to be working on a new phone starting now for it to be released by the holidays. They are still focused on the droid right now. My guess is droid 2 wont be available until verizon switches to their 4g network.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Not sure about this. It could happen but they would have to be working on a new phone starting now for it to be released by the holidays. They are still focused on the droid right now. My guess is droid 2 wont be available until verizon switches to their 4g network.

Exactly. I'd go as far as to bet we don't see ANY new Android phones (or iPhones) on Verizon until the 4G roll out. Its too close to release a bunch of phones that will have to be re-released when 4G hits.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys have a point,i just wouldn't be surprised the way android phones are being launched so quickly. But I do agree that droid sales are so good motorola is probably going to want to milk it as much as they can.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am also interested in the Incredible. The 8gb internal memory is what has my interest the most. There is so much to partition a sd card for apps to sd on my Droid. I am not sure if I could go without the physical keyboard though, because I use it alot when I need to type something fast. If Otterbox will make a Defender case for it that would definately get me going in that direction. My wife has an upgrade coming up but I am sure she won't let me have it cause she is in desperate need of a new phone, and I am sure I cannot steer her in the incredible direction (she is a palm woman) Even if i could she probably wouldn't let me even hold it in fear I would try to root it or something. I would miss the wireless tether though, I am using it now because our power is out and it is a must have. Definately something to think about, plus I am really happy with Motorola name on my phone and I am sure the Motorola Droid 2 is going to be a *mind blower*

Pre-Ordered Motorola Droid, Rooted in 2010, Running Custom ROM

Last edited:

CaptainOzone

Reaction score
Screen Differences?

This is data from a chart on Phonescoop.com that compares the Droid to Incredible.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=2708&id[]=2320

Incredible Weight 4.6 oz (130g)
Droid weight 5.99 oz (170g)

Incredible Display
OLED (Full-Color)
480 x 800 pixels
3.7"
Colors: 65,536 (16-bit)

Droid Display
LCD (Color TFT/TFD)
480 x 854 pixels
3.7"
Colors: 16.7 million (24-bit)

It appears that they use different screen technologies with the Droid have more colors.

Is this true? If so, is the Incredible's screen significantly different from the Droid's?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
This is data from a chart on Phonescoop.com that compares the Droid to Incredible.

Phone Scoop[]=2708&id[]=2320

Incredible Weight 4.6 oz (130g)
Droid weight 5.99 oz (170g)

Incredible Display
OLED (Full-Color)
480 x 800 pixels
3.7"
Colors: 65,536 (16-bit)

Droid Display
LCD (Color TFT/TFD)
480 x 854 pixels
3.7"
Colors: 16.7 million (24-bit)

It appears that they use different screen technologies with the Droid have more colors.

Is this true? If so, is the Incredible's screen significantly different from the Droid's?

The Incredibles screen is a little more clear than the Droids because of the OLED technology. They don't need to use a 24 bit color system with this technology. you can read more about OLED technology here.

Last edited: