Moto Droid "mid to low tier?"

nastybynature

Reaction score
MSLSD is not my first choice of a news source, especially if I am wanting accurate facts investgated and tested beyond heresay and rumors. Main stream media has become a joke. And the writer of this article is a tool for writing about something in a way that sounds authoritive but to anyone that knows, obviously indicates his experience with an Android phone is little to none.

/end rant

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The apple bias is partly because the iphone has been more advertised and right now it IS the top smart phone until some one takes the title. I like the droid more, but I can not take away that some people just want simple. AND that is what the phone is; simple and restricted.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I think you guys are taking the article too seriously. The writer wrote that Android would "mainly be used in mid-to-low tier smart phones." This implies that the actual OS will most likely be used for these types of phones due to it being free to manufacturers. It doesn't say that high end phones won't use Android.

I wasn't taking it *too* seriously, I just think that any company that isn't doing proper research to back their information shouldn't be putting out stories. That's just my take on it.

And while Android is already being used on mid-tier smartphones, that's not the only bracket it's being used in and the article should reflect that information, instead of leaning in a certain direction, especially when it's coming from such a big name. It's skewed.
The apple bias is partly because the iphone has been more advertised and right now it IS the top smart phone until some one takes the title. I like the droid more, but I can not take away that some people just want simple. AND that is what the phone is; simple and restricted.

The Android system is based on simplicity, but it's also based on freedom. It would have taken me the same amount of time to figure out and set up an iPhone. iPhone is getting angry because there is another OS that is easy to use, but it also gives you the ability to do what you want with it, instead of 'jailbreaking' it to do the same things. I'm sure they are also upset that Android allows free applications. Once people start to realize they don't have to pay for that crap, things will start to change faster, I'm sure.

Money makes the world talk.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
A lot of the iPhone's applications are free too, just not AS many as what's in the Android Market...

nerdbox08

Reaction score
A lot of the iPhone's applications are free too, just not AS many as what's in the Android Market...

I stand mildly corrected. I still don't think it's anything extremely viable for them to consider a corner stone of their phone.

Do they offer the cloud/email integration?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I stand mildly corrected. I still don't think it's anything extremely viable for them to consider a corner stone of their phone.

I know completely what you're saying man....the Apple App Store is such a big deal cause it's size, and basically that's it....and the apps might look better too but that's all gonna change when Adobe AIR hits in a few months (woot woot!)

Don't know about the email integration...

nerdbox08

Reaction score

I know completely what you're saying man....the Apple App Store is such a big deal cause it's size, and basically that's it....and the apps might look better too but that's all gonna change when Adobe AIR hits in a few months (woot woot!)

Don't know about the email integration...

What exactly is this Adobe AIR? I've yet to actually look it up.

Also, I was reading an article from another thread posted back in July that Apple was giving their phone 'latitude' but because it can't handle multi-tasking, the program was built to run through the browsers connection and could only run when the browser was open, or something of that nature.

It just ... baffles me. lol How can a company that big not give their customer's the biggest thing they keep asking for?

Reaction score
Okay, i think its time for MM1 to kick some fan boy ass...

When i think of Mid to low end phones i think of phones that just barley go over the "smart phone" category. Like something that doesn't Go over 1ghz (twice the speed of an Iphone), comes with a 5Mp camera and specs that offer such performance. Only two phones i know of that consist of professional groups nonetheless that offer an official hacking of a phone. One is "Jail breaking" with the Iphone as the mother ship and the "Rooting" of droids. i have yet to hear of another hacking of such sort. the hacking of a phone of that level must be because the phone is so sick that the device can support these drastic changes. i wanna see the ****ing palm pre pull something like that or some windows phones. a phone of this magnitude doesn't vanish So quick, i can think of some window OS phones and some bull**** sprint phones that fits this dumb asses "low end" list quite well. but this reminds me of something..

Everyone jumped on the patriots side a couple years back because they won every ****ing game. not because people looked into the specs of the team and analyzed, just because they were popular! and what happened?! the Giants (an underdog) torched their new england asses. just like the droid is an underdog thats torching some Iphone asses.

(Rant END)

Nuff said?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know it makes no sense....but read this :icon_ banana:

Adobe AIR and Flash on Droid

'Page Not Found' lawl.

I did a google search and read a little, but I still don't quite get it hehe

Huh....that's weird cause that link is a thread in this forum lol....I literally JUST copy and pasted it when I posted that....ah well

I guess it's supposed to be this new method of developing mobile games based on Flash....but the thing is, it is supposed to allow the dev to hypothetically, create an app one time, and it be able to run on ALL devices, and would require no optimizing for individual devices.......but I still do not understand how that concept is supposed to work though......

But ultimately, way better quality apps and games :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, i think its time for MM1 to kick some fan boy ass...

When i think of Mid to low end phones i think of phones that just barley go over the "smart phone" category. Like something that doesn't Go over 1ghz (twice the speed of an Iphone), comes with a 5Mp camera and specs that offer such performance. Only two phones i know of that consist of professional groups nonetheless that offer an official hacking of a phone. One is "Jail breaking" with the Iphone as the mother ship and the "Rooting" of droids. i have yet to hear of another hacking of such sort. the hacking of a phone of that level must be because the phone is so sick that the device can support these drastic changes. i wanna see the ****ing palm pre pull something like that or some windows phones. a phone of this magnitude doesn't vanish So quick, i can think of some window OS phones and some bull**** sprint phones that fits this dumb asses "low end" list quite well. but this reminds me of something..

Everyone jumped on the patriots side a couple years back because they won every ****ing game. not because people looked into the specs of the team and analyzed, just because they were popular! and what happened?! the Giants (an underdog) torched their new england asses. just like the droid is an underdog thats torching some Iphone asses.

(Rant END)

Nuff said?

You can also root the Nexus One, and actually any Android phone....even the first Android phone ever! They are still hacking the sh*t out of G1's to this day....

Reaction score
Im sorry to miscommunicate, but when i said that i meant to say like when new devs are making roms the mothership would be the droid.. thats what ive noticed, whatever goes to the g1, and other android phones nowdays is ported correct?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im sorry to miscommunicate, but when i said that i meant to say like when new devs are making roms the mothership would be the droid.. thats what ive noticed, whatever goes to the g1, and other android phones nowdays is ported correct?

Yeah I believe that is correct...the Droid would probably be considered the "mothership" but I've been noticing that a lot of big devs are going crazy with the Nexus....like Cyanogen, he's like the legendary android developer ya know, he's who enhanced the G1 like it got....and now I guess he has the N1 and is doing all kinds of crazy things....you can go see over at the xda developers forums...

But yeah...I understand completely what you're sayin man

bigthinker

Reaction score
Check his phone....I BET it's an iphone.....No Wonder this article is biased....:motdroidhoriz: