Moto Droid I: SettingS Question- under Mobile Network Settings

jasonty

Reaction score
under normal use- should "data roaming" be checked? should "data enabled" be checked? what should "system select" be- home or auto?

may not be an issue, just trying to figure out a battery drain I have going on.

thanks

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
There is no roaming inside the US that costs you money. If you're going anywhere near the Canadian or Mexican border, however, you'll want to turn both of them off/home only to avoid the possibility of picking up a foreign tower and getting charged through the nose.

tommyz

Reaction score
There is no roaming inside the US that costs you money. If you're going anywhere near the Canadian or Mexican border, however, you'll want to turn both of them off/home only to avoid the possibility of picking up a foreign tower and getting charged through the nose.

So are you saying that if I'm in the US I should have "Data roaming" checked?

Will this allow me to get data when I'm in an extended area? I found some areas of MO that had extended phone service, but no data. Would checking "Data roaming" allowed me to get roaming data at no cost?

I'm talking about Verizon.

It kind of sucked having phone service, but not being able to navigate.

Thanks,

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes indeed. I've seen a LOT of people suggesting it and so far not ONE thread saying it cost them money unless they were near one of the borders. :)

tommyz

Reaction score
Yes indeed. I've seen a LOT of people suggesting it and so far not ONE thread saying it cost them money unless they were near one of the borders. :)

I will have to give it a try, if I ever make it to an area without native Verizon coverage. We're pretty much completely covered in IL. I kind of wish there was an area nearby that I could try this out.

bodean

Reaction score
Yes, data roaming should be checked. A VZW Level 3 tech guy told me that just last week