Moto Droid Commercials v Incredible Commercials

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a pretty big baseball fan and I watch a lot of games. I've yet to see 1 Droid Incredible Commercial on either ESPN, FOX, or any other network that broadcast baseball games, and since I have MLB Extra Innings I see them all.

They've had the the Incredible commercial on You Tube but that's the only place I've seen it.

Until last night. Last night while watching the Dodgers make fools out of Arizona, in a broadcast on Prime Ticket Los Angeles I finally saw the Incredible commercial.

But I also saw 2 Motorola Droid commercials. So it appears that while Verizon is associating our brother Android phone completely as a "Droid," it looks to me like Motorola is still the main flag waver. But I think the brand "Droid" will in time be far less associated with just Motorola.

We've been talking in some threads about the Droid 2. The way the marketing appears to be going there will be at least one other Droid before Motorola releases their a955, and when they do I would expect it to be called something other then "Droid 2."

I also think that even with other Android phones being released by other carriers that "Droid" will remain exclusive to Verizon.

This thread is not a Droid vs the Incredible thread, it's just some observations I've noticed in the past few weeks since the release of the Incredible. I think that many of us will be thinking of Droid in time as one of a long line of phones and that the Moto Droid will just be considered the a855 and the first Android phone bearing that brand name.

iPirate

Reaction score
Could they keep the same name?

In a year from now Verizon lets the Droid name settle down a little then releases a new "Droid"

I don't know enough about marketing, this might lead to a failed product.

I'd be ok with "Droid 2.0" but I don't want "Droid Magnificent" :icon_eek: or "Droid Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"

Darkseider

Reaction score
the first of the rumored 3 new Moto devices will be named something like this

1. Droid Shadow
2. Droid 2.0
3. Droid ZOMGWTFBBQPWND!@

and then all will be right in the world! dancedroiddancedroid

iPirate

Reaction score
If they released a new model every 2 years they could keep the Droid name, it would be like a car manufacture, they don't come up with new names every year. They have a specific brand name and build to those standards. :)

A lot of other companies do the same, I wouldn't feel weird about buying another Droid, 2011 model.

zegolf

Reaction score
They're also showing a TON of Incredible commercials on network TV, so perhaps the Incredible isn't being targeted at specific fans, more so at a broader audience that might catch basic cable?

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They're also showing a TON of Incredible commercials on network TV, so perhaps the Incredible isn't being targeted at specific fans, more so at a broader audience that might catch basic cable?

Hey zegolf, you know me I TiVo everything so and I zip through the commercials, however if there is even a hint of a Droid commercial I will usually stop. So far I haven't noticed that but I am 2 weeks behind on network television watching.

I notice on live sports they are showing the Droid on national television, not the Incredible. That might change this weekend with wht I saw last night, it will be interesting to see.

iPirate

Reaction score
What network? I have yet to see an Incredible commercial

Guchi

Reaction score
I've been seeing them on hulu a lot

edit: incredible ads that is

warrior21

Reaction score
What network? I have yet to see an Incredible commercial
I saw it the past couple of days on the YES network

etx_droid

Reaction score
I see Motorola Droid commercials EVERYDAY...I see the HTC Droid Incredible commercials maybe once a week.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
They call the Incredible the Droid Incredible. They already started with the trend.

I think thats why when ppl say "I got the Droid", its assumed its be Motorola. Motorola didnt have a special or added name to their phone. Most ppl wont say I got the Motorola Droid, or the HTC Droid Incredible. They say I got the Droid or I got the Droid Incredible.
When my god parents told me they got a droid I kept asking which one and they couldn't tell me since they had no clue lol (they're hopelessly clueless when it comes to tech). Turns out it was the droid eris lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
The genius motives of Motorola, revealed.
teach.gif

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
They call the Incredible the Droid Incredible. They already started with the trend.

I think thats why when ppl say "I got the Droid", its assumed its be Motorola. Motorola didnt have a special or added name to their phone. Most ppl wont say I got the Motorola Droid, or the HTC Droid Incredible. They say I got the Droid or I got the Droid Incredible.
When my god parents told me they got a droid I kept asking which one and they couldn't tell me since they had no clue lol (they're hopelessly clueless when it comes to tech). Turns out it was the droid eris lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I just deleted my post while you were quoting it cuz I thought about it...lol

I thought about ppl calling the Incredible the Droid Incredible too.

I think if Motorola calls the next Droid with a keyboard the Droid 2, that shoudl be it. If not, then its gonna be Droid 3, Droid 4...

My head hurt. But maybe having a commercial about the Droid Family might make things easier.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
By the time Droid2 cycles, more than likely other name contenders will steal the show via popularity and there won't be a reason for 3 or 4, exc...the market will get so tight that they can keep or drop names at whim and no one will even care.