moto droid bluetooth help?

tigerpop

Reaction score
hi guys,
just got the moto droid and im new here. thought id ask you guys a question.
can you listen to podcasts/siriusapp/music with a wireless bluetooth?
one that will go in just one ear? if so, i need a very small one for work purposes that the bossman cant notice. any ideas?
ps, budget friendly please and i listen to mostly talk on podcasts and sirius so quality is not THAT important. thanks.

timmy

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, you can't listen to music through a Bluetooth headset.

My district manager at work has a Nexus 1, with a Jawbone Prime Bluetooth headset, and dug for days finding out if he could do the same thing, and all his sources came back saying you can't.

OP
T

tigerpop

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, you can't listen to music through a Bluetooth headset.

My district manager at work has a Nexus 1, with a Jawbone Prime Bluetooth headset, and dug for days finding out if he could do the same thing, and all his sources came back saying you can't.
thanks. so ear buds are the only way to go. well that stinks. i appreciate the reply.

sroach23

Reaction score

i use the s9 hd Bluetooth headphones and they stream music just fine. i dont know about the jawbone headsets, but Bluetooth does work for audio.

timmy

Reaction score
I was just going to add that I have only tried to find information on the Jawbone Prime headset, so there could be others that may currently work. I definitely know that the Prime doesn't do that haha.

Who knows what they'll come up with in the future...

If phones can do everything they already can do, I don't see why listening to music through your Bluetooth headset would be too difficult to do.

sroach23

Reaction score
i also need a single ear one that is not easily visible. with the nfl thing on sundays im gonna get fired if i dont find one.

jmw

Reaction score
There are definitely a bunch of bluetooth headsets that can play music, but it would be cheaper and possibly less inconspicuous if you just went with wired earbuds and only used one of the buds in your ear. Wires can be mostly hidden under clothing except where the wire runs from your collar to your ear. The blue ant Q1 can play music. There are probably smaller bluetooth headsets, but I'm not sure they would be cost effective. Good luck!

dhinged

Reaction score
hi guys,
one that will go in just one ear? if so, i need a very small one for work purposes that the bossman cant notice. any ideas?
ps, budget friendly please and i listen to mostly talk on podcasts and sirius so quality is not THAT important. thanks.

The Motorola Motorokr S9-HD is a great headset for the Motorola Droid. I can play/pause, forward/back, adjust volume, and do phone calls with it.

jameshunt

Reaction score
hi guys,

The Motorola Motorokr S9-HD is a great headset for the Motorola Droid. I can play/pause, forward/back, adjust volume, and do phone calls with it.

=================

i use it too and love it!

happyman

Reaction score
Also note that the bluetooth adapter needs to support the bluetooth protocol A2DP for music. Cheap ones seem to leave it out.

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)

This profile defines how high quality audio (stereo or mono) can be streamed from one device to another over a Bluetooth connection.[1] For example, music can be streamed from a mobile phone to a wireless headset or car audio or from a laptop/desktop to a wireless headset.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I just read a review on a new jawbone headset. I didn't really read the whole thing in-depth, but it seemed to indicate that there was a software download for the device that would allow you to do just what you're asking, listen to multimedia in a single earpiece.

I have a rocketfish (bestbuy) wireless stereo bluetooth headset for listening to music/podcasts, etc. The device also functions as a headset for taking phone calls, but its microphone sucks. For phone calls I use a Voyager Pro headset. I only use the Voyager Pro when I'm driving. I don't dig the cyborg look (walking around the mall with a BT in the ear).

Big4ce1

Reaction score
The Blueant Q1 can be found at Sams Club for $75 and will allow this to happen in one ear.