Moto DROID and data package

xazilizax

Reaction score
I have a 2 yr contract with Verizon. I don't want to pay $100 anymore for my plan. I want to keep my DROID because I love it. If I could remove the data package, I would be satisfied. Verizon told me that I'd need to downgrade my phone before removing the data package.
Is there a work around this at all so I could keep my phone and remove the data package?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Put a dumb phone on the line and use it for calls and then use the Droid on wifi only.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Some people want to run a Droid to make phone calls and use nothing but WiFi for data. Verizon wants that $30 a month data package. You can see who will win in this argument. :)

OP
X

xazilizax

Reaction score
You're right. They win. I lose! Boo

Some people want to run a Droid to make phone calls and use nothing but WiFi for data. Verizon wants that $30 a month data package. You can see who will win in this argument. :)

OP
X

xazilizax

Reaction score
I wanted to use my DROID for calls/texting and WiFi. I just wanted to remove the data package, but I guess I can't unless I downgrade my phone that doesn't require a data package. :(

Put a dumb phone on the line and use it for calls and then use the Droid on wifi only.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk