moto droid 4 phone ear piece crackle/rattle

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by mvojinov, Mar 7, 2012.

1. aubielynn

aubielynn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Razr Maxx for a few months now, after 3 CLNR phones, still no luck. Just so ya know....

2. ScottyDsntKnow

Ratings:
    +5
    Just got a secondhand "like new" bionic from ebay from a seller with 100% feedback and 83 feedbacks. Well they now have 98.2% feedback as the phone was clearly used and has this very speaker issue. Ebay buyer protection is a joke and would not side with me even after sending them pictures where I CIRCLED the nicks on the phone and used screen protector on it but w/e. I'm not quite sure how to protect myself in this situation again except by just straight up charging back my card without even asking ebay and letting them fight my bank. Wife wanted a LTE phone anyway and this way she gets to keep the unlimited data... I've gotten it to sound better by doing the "suck trick" tho... The good news is that replacement speakers for these things are $13 online and the phone is literally one of the easiest ones to take apart. Screws around the sides, guitar pick to separate the bezel from the chassis and then 2 more screws and a few ribbon cables and the speaker comes right out. New one in, button it back up and the phone should be 100% again. Everything else works fine and at least the screen is scratch free...

3. jigawatt

jigawatt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, after a couple more Droid 4's, they said I was getting a different phone, and I now have a Razr. By far, better phone so far. Droid 4 was nothing but a headache.

Search tags for this page
droid 4 ear piece problems
droid 4 ear speaker
droid 4 ear speaker fix

droid 4 earpiece crackling

droid 4 speaker

droid 4 speaker crackling

droid 4 speaker issues

droid 4 speaker problem

droid 4 speaker problems
motorola droid 4 ear speaker