1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Moto Droid 3g not working (fixed)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by wm408, Dec 18, 2011.

1. wm408

wm408 New Member

I not too sure why I post this in BB forum... but its my home. So I post here.

Today for some reason my 3G just wouldn't work... not even EVDO/1X for that matter. A dead cellular connection, (wifi worked fine). I looked at /dev/log/radio and found a bunch of crap,... errors related to ppp.

Stuff like: CDMA[CdmaDataConnection-1]DataConnection Init failedcom.android.internal.telephony.CommandException: GENERIC_FAILUREQ
    PppdDeath(AUTH_TOPEER_FAILED);state=IDC_PPPD_STOP_BP_IDLE
    SETUP_DATA_CALL(E_GENERIC_FAILURE)
    MDMModem::a_pppdStartupFailureCount=0*}

yaadda yaadda yaadda....

So I tried pretty much everything: battery pulls, swap between airplane mode, try to force the adapter up in terminal, factory resets, data wipes in SPRecovery, flashed a bunch of ROMs,...

What's weird is how I haven't really changed much on my phone for a couple of months as far as ROMs, etc, then today was just a big: ?

The only thing that worked for me was to do a stock flash with RSDLite. I just chose the latest available... VZW_A855_FRG83G_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

Applied SPRecovery and Rooted the stock rom. Then flashed back the latest BB w/ other mods, etc. Good to go now.

What's super cool is how Pete has all of the tools needed in his file repo.

Thx Pete for being a pimp.
Search tags for this page
3g on motorola droid not working
3g not working on verizon droid
3g not working on motorola milestone
3g not working on droid razr

droid 3 3g not working

droid 3g not working

droid 4 3g not working
droid x stopped 3g
how to fix 3g on droid 3
milestone 3 3g not work