Moto Droid 3g not working (fixed)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by wm408, Dec 18, 2011.

1. wm408

wm408 New Member

I not too sure why I post this in BB forum... but its my home. So I post here.

Today for some reason my 3G just wouldn't work... not even EVDO/1X for that matter. A dead cellular connection, (wifi worked fine). I looked at /dev/log/radio and found a bunch of crap,... errors related to ppp.

Stuff like: CDMA[CdmaDataConnection-1]DataConnection Init failedcom.android.internal.telephony.CommandException: GENERIC_FAILUREQ
    PppdDeath(AUTH_TOPEER_FAILED);state=IDC_PPPD_STOP_BP_IDLE
    SETUP_DATA_CALL(E_GENERIC_FAILURE)
    MDMModem::a_pppdStartupFailureCount=0*}

yaadda yaadda yaadda....

So I tried pretty much everything: battery pulls, swap between airplane mode, try to force the adapter up in terminal, factory resets, data wipes in SPRecovery, flashed a bunch of ROMs,...

What's weird is how I haven't really changed much on my phone for a couple of months as far as ROMs, etc, then today was just a big: ?

The only thing that worked for me was to do a stock flash with RSDLite. I just chose the latest available... VZW_A855_FRG83G_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf

Applied SPRecovery and Rooted the stock rom. Then flashed back the latest BB w/ other mods, etc. Good to go now.

What's super cool is how Pete has all of the tools needed in his file repo.

Thx Pete for being a pimp.
Search tags for this page
3g not working on droid x
3g not working on droid razr
3g on motorola droid not working
3g not working on verizon droid
3g not working on motorola milestone

droid 3 3g not working

droid 3g not working

droid 4 3g not working
droid x stopped 3g
how to fix 3g on droid 3