Moto Droid 3G connection issues

Soldiercloud

Reaction score
I have the original Moto Droid. It has always worked fine for me but recently I've been having 3G issues. I will be using the internet then both arrows next to the 3G turn off and i lose my connection completely. This happens in areas that i have never had issues with before. It first started happening while i was using Pandora one day and has gotten progressively worse. From a few minutes without internet to a few hours.

Ive tried resetting the phone which worked at first to taking the battery out and resetting it. Now none of that seems to work without losing connection again after a few minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else i can do?

nubby

Reaction score
I have had the same thing. I see "data connection lost" also. Only the past 3 or 4 days.

parker34

Reaction score
Sometimes putting it in airplane mode for a few seconds works for me

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Lol same here. Past few days crapola signal :)

Sent from my Droid

soatari

Reaction score
Same Here. It seems a battery pull did the job.

No such luck here. Crappy network performance no matter what I do, or where I'm at in my town. Can't listen to Pandora while I drive now, cus it just cuts out about a minute into each song =(

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I live in Central PA and for the past hour my 3G has not been available.

jamesgappleby

Reaction score
also Central PA with connection issues

I've rebooted to get it back, but it keeps happening.

Droid Pro

Brent Bro

Reaction score
I installed Ultimate Droid 3.0.1 and since then my network connection shows disconnected. I can restore to an earlier rom and it works for a minute then it reboots and is gone again. I am getting extremely frustrated because I have all my work emails going through it. Any ideas on how to fix it?

jsummersphd

Reaction score
As a Tier 1 Support Agent for a certain telecom company that shall remain nameless, I can tell you exactly what is causing the spotty 3G coverage nationwide (Florida here).

This past week we experienced a large CME or Coronal Mass Ejection from the Sun. You may know it as a "solar flare." Basically, we've been inundated by trillions upon trillions of charged particles and cosmic rays far exceeding the normal thresholds.

Fortunately, all it really did was knock out a few TV channels and cause a bunch of calls to get dropped... slow wireless connectivity... that sorta thing. No blackouts thank gawd... call volume was utterly ridiculous as it was.

revchris

Reaction score
I am having the same problem since Saturday. Nothing works. I've wiped and reinstalled multiple roms (currently on chevy's 5.01). very annoying.

verizondroid2global

Reaction score
just try making a call to another verizon customer and tell them not to answer. hang up and your 3g signal should be back