moto droid 2.2 manual install error

reddwarf1387

Reaction score
I am not rooted. I have stock recovery. I was running clockworkmod recovery and buggless beast. I used rsd lite to flash to stock recovery. I tried to to do a manual install of official 2.2 and I get an error that says failed to verify whole file signature installation aborted. I tried several different download mirrors, made sure the file was named correctly update.zip not update.zip.zip I have no clue what to do. I don't know if the ota update will do the same. I would prefer to get it installed without having to wait any longer. Thanks in advance. Also I hope this is in the right spot.

DasMuse

Reaction score
Assert failed : apply_patch_check (”MTD : Boot : 2504704 : 0b5ee101da41148aa026a32848f609fa4b05403e:2875392:d 104d2ec84a2d0660e786c0fb8174bfacb4079d6″)
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

this error???

i got the same thing when i tried multiple times... the OTA update didn't even work for me... i'm starting to get pissed.

OP
R

reddwarf1387

Reaction score
Yes that is about the same eerror i'm getting I even tried flashing SPrecovery to see if that would help. I read somewhere that it worked for somone. That didn't work either. I've been scowering the internet for three nights looking for a solution and haven't found anything. It's like noone that has had this problem has fixed it. At one time I had rooted 2.2 ROM with clockworkmod recovery before that I had 2.2 with SPrecovery. I used RSD lite to flash back to factory I had the standard recovery 2e and that didn't help the situation. Maybe I've done something wrong somewhere but I don't know what it could be. Have you done anything with your phone (rooting flashing different recovery...)? It's starting to make me wonder because it seems like everyone that has stock firmware is able to apply the update without a problem. Maybe that means We aren't fully stock or maybe just unlucky¿¿ I actually do get a status 7 eroor in sprecovery but in the stock recovery it is failed to verify whole file signature.

bheath101

Reaction score
similar problem

Was running 2.2 rooted and overclocked on my moto droid, flashed back to stock 2.1 few weeks ago to wait for ota, ota came when it rebooted my phone it brought up sprecovery instead of going to splash screen, so I selected reboot system, then when it loaded up there where no apparent differences in the interface or speed tho it says in info that I'm on 2.2. Also my notifications arent working for email and voice messages. Wonder if update.zip from the rooting and overclocking somehow is interfering? I'm curious to see what any solutions you guys get might entail.

OP
R

reddwarf1387

Reaction score
I heard that it would not work with SP that's why i flashed back to 2e with RSD. I'm just running 2.1 until OTA (just have to hope it works) Have you tried restoring origainal recovery and 2.1 and then using the new 2.2 update.zip. I don't know if that would work. You might end up the same as me with 2.1 and can't go to 2.2. HELP US :icon_eek: so confused at this point. Temped to go back to my overclocked, fast, Bug-less Beast.

OP
R

reddwarf1387

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/72212-android-2-2-ota-vz-changed-its-mind.html

This fixed me right up!!! I downloaded the files in the 8th post down. you only need the official 2.2 update. It was about double the size of all the other files i downloaded. make sure you back-up your data first.

I put that file on my sd card and named it update.zip (the zip was already there so make sure not to name it update.zip.zip then rebooted wiped/factory reset and wipe data cache then installed it and now i'm on froyo.dancedroid

Hunty5652

Reaction score
mine didnt have it see if yours went like this,
[video=youtube;kfJNYh8M8zE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJNYh8M8zE]YouTube - Android 2.2 froyo for droid no root!.mp4[/video]

OP
R

reddwarf1387

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are saying you didn't have. Could you elaborate a little? Thanks

Hunty5652

Reaction score
i had no problems it went smoothly accept for the turning off and on like 3 times but that stopped.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i got this error too. i used rsdlite to go to the 2.0.1 sbf. then i used the 2.1 official update. and then used the official 2.2 update.zip. after installing i got this error. im glad im not the only one with the problem though.