moto droid 2.1 root: Help Please!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Niko, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Niko

Niko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys im new to rooting and I have encountered what I think is a problem. I followed a video on YouTube to get root access on 2.1. I followed all steps and did everything right. The root worked. I got superuser and such. I then proceeded to get myself a ROM I found one and installed it but didn't like it. So I tried to get another. However when I wiped everything, and and backed it up once again, it rebooted and was stuck on the Moto "M"boot logo. I freaked out and tried something myself. I plugged it in and tried to get to the bootloader by pushing up on the d pad. This worked! It got it back up. But now when I tried to reboot into sprecovery. It bricked again. So I feel like I'm stuck on this dumb ROM and what I really want to do is have stock 2.1 back. Anyone know of anything I could do to get stock back up and running like Normal, your input is appreciated. Thanks

2. Niko

Niko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    btw!!!!

My phone is running fine on this ROM but it bricks when I boot up and I have to do the bootloader process again. And when I do this, it doesn't go to the bootloader, it just boots the phone up. So I don't know if I can even reach that screen! I think I can use rsd lite for this fix???!! Maybe??!! But I. Don't have the proper verizon sbf file.... once again. Any input is appreciated

3. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    If you can get RSDLite to see your Droid, then all you'd need is to flash the SPRecovery again...then boot into recovery and flash your backup...

At least that's what I think you're saying... that you can't get into SPRecovery currently

4. droidman101

droidman101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    umm, im thinking you are looking for getting sprecovery back, so flash the sprecovery sbf and turn the phone off. then boot up by holding x and the power button.

edit: same thing he said ^^^^

5. Niko

Niko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Basically yes.. i had a a feeling that's what I'd need to do. And if I did this, I will not have root access correct? Only sprecovery just in case I DID for some reason want to root it again?..

6. mcalhoun

mcalhoun Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me see if I have this straight. You rooted and installed a ROM that you didn't want. Now you can't get SPRecovery to boot up (by holding X while powering up until the Nandroid screen loads) and install the stock backup? Is this correct?

7. Niko

Niko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You are correct. It wont boot to That screen. When I try it gets stuck on the boot logo.

8. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    reflashing SPRecovery thru RSDLite and then reflashing your backup will return you to what you backed up...

9. Niko

Niko New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would I be able to use the flash sprecovery option in rom manager???

10. mcalhoun

mcalhoun Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't see where it would hurt to try it.

11. aDroidman

aDroidman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    there was a way when rooting first came out that people used I have only herd about it never done it but a friend has. There is a way to boot off of your SD card and if you can put your back up on there and boot from it then you can get in to nandroid and reinstall your back up.