1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Moto Droid 1 - Overclocking to 1 GHz + 2.3

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Drucian, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Drucian

Drucian New Member

Hello.

I have a rooted Motorola Droid 1 (1.6.32.9-g68eeef5 android-build@apa26 #1) with 2.2.2.

I would like to overclock it to run at at least 1 GHz and upgrade it to version 2.3. From what I understand, you need to have the correct kernel in order to overclock it that high, correct? I checked out P3Droid's kernels and none of them were for 2.3.

What would be the best way to go about this? I'm not even really sure about the whole process in all. Just know that I need to flash it with the correct kernel then get the correct app and overclock it.

Thanks for any help!
  2. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 New Member

The easiest way to do this probably would be to flash a custom Rom. Majority of the custom Roms include a custom kernal that you can overclock. Rom's like Liquid, or Project Elite. They're on Gingerbread 2.3.
  3. louy99

louy99 New Member

Yep, if you want 2.3 then a custom rom would be in order. You can download them off the developers sites or threads. You can also get some from rom manager from the market.

I've tried all of them and just about every kernal. Personally, I stick with 2.2 roms. They are not as buggy as gingerbread and I've received better battery life on 2.2 roms. If you need 2.2 kernals, I have them all downloaded.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. knowshisgame

knowshisgame New Member

Hey. I was at the same situation as you were.
    I've rooted it and use custom rom for overclock.
    Although for mine, it was capped at 800mhz. It runs much better and faster but drains battery noticeably quicker.
    Its a compromise. Choose which the custom rom you like and have fun with it.
    Also if you don't want to install the custom rom, there is a setCPU app on android market that you can download.
    Have fun
Search tags for this page
chevys 1ghz with droid 1
droid 1 oc rom

droid 1 overclock

droid 1 overclocking liquid
how to overclock motorola droid to 1ghz
motorola droid 1 overclock
og droid overclock 1ghz