Moto Designed Lenovo Smartphones Leak with Stereo Speakers, Fingerprint Sensor & Thin Bezels

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lenovo-lemon-x-1.jpg

That's a hot looking phone right there! That image above is supposedly a leaked image of a Motorola made Lenovo smartphone. The notable characteristics immediately obvious from the image includes front stereo speakers, fingerprint sensors and impressively thin bezels.

Of course, along with this image comes a few juicy tidbits of intel. Supposedly the device is currently called the Lenovo Lemon X (if that is true, we are praying that is simply an internal codename, because that name would be the ultimate kiss of death in the US). Along with that creaky name, we have some specs:
  • 5.5-inch 1920x1080 Display
  • 21MP rear camera and 8MP front camera
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 808
  • 3GB RAM
  • 64GB Storage
Apparently there will be a mid-range version of the device as well with downgraded specs. You can read more about that one at the source link below, and check out more images in the thread below. Let us know what you think of Lenovo's Lemon X. <snicker> :rolleyes:

Source: First ever Motorola-designed Lenovo smartphones spotted – stereo speakers, fingerprint sensors, impressive screen-to-body ratio

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are all of those images of the Lenovo Lemon X:

lenovo-lemon-x-1.jpg

lenovo-lemon-x-2.jpg

lenovo-lemon-x-3.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Wow. The front of that phone looks awesome. If that bezel design makes it to the market it should be a hit. I'm not so sure about the back, but a protective case would cover it up.

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Except for the one that says "@upleaks" over it. If you look close at the top of the screen, is that black bezel under there? Obviously, these are just renders, but I'd be behind this device if ALL of that black area was screen.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm in. Lower resolution than the Pure, but maybe more along the size lines of my LG G3.
It just needs to be unlocked with Verizon support.

I'm there.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You can definitely see some of the Moto X design /style in these; looks pretty good.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Man, that would have been a really nice, compact one-handed device if it was like 5" and they ditched the capacitative buttons. Otherwise, they're on the right track that we should be heading north of 90% display ratio with a thin strip for speakers along the top and bottom.

Still, nice to see someone raising the bar.

Although as someone else mentioned, it looks like it just has a dark bezel, and up top you can even see a notification light and/or he front-facing camera. But I thought I saw somewhere someone had actually put that stuff under the screen somehow, so possible there's actually touch-sensitive pixels overlayed on top the bezel?!?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The more I look at it, the more it looks like there's a healthy bezel all the way around we just got fooled by a lack of obvious contrast in the picture.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
used-car-dealer.jpg

The moment that phone even has a hiccup that name will haunt them. I hope their QA are on their Ps and Qs.
I think I bought a car from that guy. Are you saying he is not legit?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Verizon would never carry it because there is no room for their logo on the front.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Wish they'd ditch the capacitive buttons and just use that all for screen real estate. I much prefer the soft nav keys, ideally with an immersive mode. The phone would LOOK huge in your hand with those small bezels, but not feel huge at all.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Wonder if it will come with the same spyware they install on their laptops before shipping them out.