Moto Boss Slams SGS4 & HTC in Favor of Moto X; Makes Some Solid Arguments

Caesars

Reaction score
If moto isn't going to compete on "spec buffing", they Damn well better have some type of marketing campaign that easily explains why it's better - not these commercials making its product look like a flipping bag of colorful skittles.

GS4/iPhone5

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The real test will be when Moto X features are ported out in ROMs.
How will the S4 handle them? That's what I'm waiting for!

Reaction score
For all you number junkies, remember the moto x posted better benchmark scores than both the HTC one and the number booster s4......I just wish for once someone knew about what they were saying before they open their mouth...

4low4fun

Reaction score
When it comes to displays the engineer didn't comment on the new droid line on Verizon that's sporting a 5" display.. What kind of technology is that??
And we all know that the new droid line is just a variant of the X

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
For all you number junkies, remember the moto x posted better benchmark scores than both the HTC one and the number booster s4......I just wish for once someone knew about what they were saying before they open their mouth...
which benchmarks are we talking about? in quadrant moto posted 8519, s4 got 12918/13161(depending on processor) and htc one got 12577. in antutu moto x got 18713, s4 got 23858/28018(depending on processor) and htc one got 24259.

as far as i know, those are the two primary benchmarks used to test the phones.

sources for scores AT&T Moto X phone: decent AnTuTu score, 4.7-inch display, and no SD slot - VR-Zone and Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One Benchmarks

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the Moto X scored better on the graphics benchmarks, but that is probably mainly because it's a 720p - but worth noting since the resolution disparity might be imperceptible that it IS a superior score.

I like the spec race. I'm anxiously awaiting the day my phone can replace my laptop but plugging a USB into a docking station. That said, I don't see the value in 1080p displays, or CPU's that are IMO well ahead of the rest of the hardware. And I'm disappointed with the direction on storage and that most OEM's pay only lipservice to the camera. Plus I think we waste precious battery life to power displays and CPU's that are far more powerful than we really need (although I think they bump the cpu to compensate for their bloated, unoptimized UI's).

While I'm ranting, I think front speakers are a waste. I watch very little video on my phone, and if I would watch a tv show or movie I'd be using headphones. Now if we are talking that contributing to superior speakerphone performance (another area NO ONE seems to give any attention to) then you have my interest.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I do love the design of the X and I am usually not a Moto guy. I loved my S3 and love my S4 but am tempted to give the X a shot. The physical size of the X looks perfect for my taste however lack of an Sd or removable battery are a downside. I try not to get hung up on specs and are more concerned on how a phone performs but I can't help to ask if the X is a downgrade from my S4????

soccerdude77

Reaction score
I expected then to say just what they said. I am glad that no Motorola is confident in their product, proud that it's made in the USA and customizable. Today what you see is what took get. Motorola wanted us to get what we wanted and to be able to first and foremost use it as a phone (great radios) I too can't wait for this phone.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I try not to get hung up on specs and are more concerned on how a phone performs but I can't help to ask if the X is a downgrade from my S4????
there are some things you can do with s4 that you can't with x, but there isn't anything you can do with x that you can't do with s4. so in my opinion s4 > x.

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
If it performs better and and gets better battery life ..and as good a LTE radio as my 17 month old REZOUND ..I'll have it. (32G)..but until then this HTC "relic" with the xtended battery bump.keeps acting as the Energizer bunny.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
When it comes to displays the engineer didn't comment on the new droid line on Verizon that's sporting a 5" display.. What kind of technology is that??

That's what I was thinking the whole time. Wait... didn't you just come out with a pretty nice phone on VZW? And now you are going to release this "way ahead of its time X". Is anyone going to get a Droid Ultra/Mini/Max over this? Especially after hearing stuff like this? Same price, right?

And TOTALLY disagree with Kodiak about front speakers. Seems like such a simple thing but I think every one should be doing this. It does make a huge difference. How nice to leave my phone on my desk and NOT have to wear headphones to listen to my 12GB of music?
Wish I had a ONE for that. Tired of having to put my phone up against something so the sound bounces toward the front. Speakers on the back are ridiculous... I do not understand that design...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
And TOTALLY disagree with Kodiak about front speakers. Seems like such a simple thing but I think every one should be doing this. It does make a huge difference. How nice to leave my phone on my desk and NOT have to wear headphones to listen to my 12GB of music?

To each their own. I would never listen to music on my speakers - that's why I have good headphones and 320kbit music. I'd rather not have the cost and the extra bezel, thank you.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If it performs better and and gets better battery life ..and as good a LTE radio as my 17 month old REZOUND ..I'll have it. (32G)..but until then this HTC "relic" with the xtended battery bump.keeps acting as the Energizer bunny.

LOL, agree on the Rezound. Same basic specs as the S4 mini coming out! That phone was SOOOOOOO underrated...and still so very solid (especially rockin' a 64gig SD)

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
That's what I was thinking the whole time. Wait... didn't you just come out with a pretty nice phone on VZW? And now you are going to release this "way ahead of its time X". Is anyone going to get a Droid Ultra/Mini/Max over this? Especially after hearing stuff like this? Same price, right?

Wish I had a ONE for that. Tired of having to put my phone up against something so the sound bounces toward the front. Speakers on the back are ridiculous... I do not understand that design...
--------------------------------------

I PUT MY Rezound in a large (unused!) Styrofoam cup that is cut down 1/2.

Live @ Webster Hall with The Talking Heads ..almost.! :biggrin: