Moto 360 Sport Coming to US on January 7th

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 2, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

It looks like the next iteration of the Moto 360 will be more "fitness band" and less "luxury watch." It's called the Moto 360 sport, and along with its rubber-style bands and face, it is being internally altered to include even more support for fitness related tasks.

Here's a quote with a list of its primary features:
    • Designed for sport. Built to last: Push yourself to the limit without worrying about your watch. Strong silicone construction doesn’t absorb sweat and resists fading or staining, while side ventilation channels help you stay cool.
    • Built-in GPS keeps you going: Moto 360 Sport has built-in GPS that works seamlessly with Moto Body to measure your performance. Track your distance traveled, pace, lap times and more. There’s no need to carry your phone to know exactly how you’re doing.
    • Popular fitness apps1: Moto 360 Sport works seamlessly with Android™ fitness apps including MapMyRun®, Under Armour Record™, Strava, Google Fit and Fitbit™. Moto Body records your workout data and syncs with these apps, so your exercise history is always up to date.
    • Heart rate at a glance: Continuously track your heart rate during a run to monitor your performance. And with Moto Body, measure the time you spend in different heart rate zones to make sure you’re achieving your fitness goals2.
    • Brilliant, indoors and out: Motorola AnyLight is the world’s first hybrid display that lets you see things clearly both indoors and out. Indoors, it works like any beautiful LCD screen. Step outside and it reflects natural sunlight, making the screen easy to read.
    • Better view. All the way around: On a watch face, every millimeter counts. The classic round design of Moto 360 Sport features edge-to-edge glass and an exceptionally thin bezel, giving you the most viewing area in the least amount of space.
    • Wear it for life: Moto 360 Sport gives you the power of Android Wear™, so you can keep up with your entire life, not just your workouts. Read Gmail messages and calendar invites, reply to friends on WhatsApp, get up-to-the-minute traffic and weather reports, and so much more of what matters to you all while staying in the zone.
    • Music on the move: Sync your favorite playlists and podcasts from Google Play™ Music with your Moto 360 Sport, then listen to music on your run or at the gym without taking your phone along for the ride.
    • Just a little coaching: Receive spontaneous notifications throughout the day that keep you informed, up to date and inspired. Plus get a weekly email summarizing your progress, or even more detailed information using the Moto Body phone app.
    • All day battery. Even with Always On: The new Moto 360 Sport gives you better battery life than ever before. Now with Always On, the time is constantly visible and the battery still lasts an entire day3.
    According to the info from Motorola, the Moto 360 Sport will launch in the UK and France starting December 18, and will be available for the US starting January 7th. Here's a quote with the details,
    Source: Motorola

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,072
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    Take my money. Finally a watch that can go where I do.

• Like Like x 4
  3. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Glad to see my premonitions of doom and gloom (esp. after the LG Urbane 2 failed release) were all for naught. If only the Sport did sleep tracking, I'd buy 3 of them!

-Matt

#3 gadgetrants, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  4. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Twitter:
    CoreyFMiller
    I have never been much of a watch wearer.... These sort of make me wish I could get into wearing one... Although my job really doesn't make a good environment for a watch.

5. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +941
    With the Urbane LTE out of the picture, it may be the Moto Sport for me. Can't seem to find the Gear 2 3G, although maybe AT&T has it.

6. liftedplane

liftedplane Gold Member

Ratings:
    +907
    wonder what the price will be

7. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +941
    $300 retail, $500 thru VZW ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. kiranchaitanya

kiranchaitanya New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Lenovo a6000
    Nice product

9. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,072
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    QFT

Do we have any speculations on price at this point?

10. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,436
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
  11. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    I posted the price (straight from Motorola) in the story. :rolleyes: :D

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,072
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    I see it now. The quote at the bottom didn't even stand out while I was reading the bold bullets.

$299. Why does everything keep going up? I want a tag. This for $300 is brutal.