Moto 360 Sport Coming to US on January 7th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto360SportHero_v5.jpg

It looks like the next iteration of the Moto 360 will be more "fitness band" and less "luxury watch." It's called the Moto 360 sport, and along with its rubber-style bands and face, it is being internally altered to include even more support for fitness related tasks.

Here's a quote with a list of its primary features:
  • Designed for sport. Built to last: Push yourself to the limit without worrying about your watch. Strong silicone construction doesn’t absorb sweat and resists fading or staining, while side ventilation channels help you stay cool.
  • Built-in GPS keeps you going: Moto 360 Sport has built-in GPS that works seamlessly with Moto Body to measure your performance. Track your distance traveled, pace, lap times and more. There’s no need to carry your phone to know exactly how you’re doing.
  • Popular fitness apps1: Moto 360 Sport works seamlessly with Android™ fitness apps including MapMyRun®, Under Armour Record™, Strava, Google Fit and Fitbit™. Moto Body records your workout data and syncs with these apps, so your exercise history is always up to date.
  • Heart rate at a glance: Continuously track your heart rate during a run to monitor your performance. And with Moto Body, measure the time you spend in different heart rate zones to make sure you’re achieving your fitness goals2.
  • Brilliant, indoors and out: Motorola AnyLight is the world’s first hybrid display that lets you see things clearly both indoors and out. Indoors, it works like any beautiful LCD screen. Step outside and it reflects natural sunlight, making the screen easy to read.
  • Better view. All the way around: On a watch face, every millimeter counts. The classic round design of Moto 360 Sport features edge-to-edge glass and an exceptionally thin bezel, giving you the most viewing area in the least amount of space.
  • Wear it for life: Moto 360 Sport gives you the power of Android Wear™, so you can keep up with your entire life, not just your workouts. Read Gmail messages and calendar invites, reply to friends on WhatsApp, get up-to-the-minute traffic and weather reports, and so much more of what matters to you all while staying in the zone.
  • Music on the move: Sync your favorite playlists and podcasts from Google Play™ Music with your Moto 360 Sport, then listen to music on your run or at the gym without taking your phone along for the ride.
  • Just a little coaching: Receive spontaneous notifications throughout the day that keep you informed, up to date and inspired. Plus get a weekly email summarizing your progress, or even more detailed information using the Moto Body phone app.
  • All day battery. Even with Always On: The new Moto 360 Sport gives you better battery life than ever before. Now with Always On, the time is constantly visible and the battery still lasts an entire day3.
According to the info from Motorola, the Moto 360 Sport will launch in the UK and France starting December 18, and will be available for the US starting January 7th. Here's a quote with the details,
Moto 360 Sport will be available in the UK and France starting December 18. In the U.S., you can start your New Year’s resolutions off right and get your Moto 360 Sport for $299 beginning January 7 on Motorola.com and at select other online retailers. On January 10, look for Moto 360 Sport in Best Buy stores nationwide and ourMoto Shop in downtown Chicago. Moto 360 Sport will also be available in Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico and Spain in the new year.

Source: Motorola

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Glad to see my premonitions of doom and gloom (esp. after the LG Urbane 2 failed release) were all for naught. If only the Sport did sleep tracking, I'd buy 3 of them!

-Matt

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I have never been much of a watch wearer.... These sort of make me wish I could get into wearing one... Although my job really doesn't make a good environment for a watch.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
With the Urbane LTE out of the picture, it may be the Moto Sport for me. Can't seem to find the Gear 2 3G, although maybe AT&T has it.

kiranchaitanya

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lenovo a6000
Moto360SportHero_v5.jpg

It looks like the next iteration of the Moto 360 will be more "fitness band" and less "luxury watch." It's called the Moto 360 sport, and along with its rubber-style bands and face, it is being internally altered to include even more support for fitness related tasks.

Here's a quote with a list of its primary features:
  • Designed for sport. Built to last: Push yourself to the limit without worrying about your watch. Strong silicone construction doesn’t absorb sweat and resists fading or staining, while side ventilation channels help you stay cool.
  • Built-in GPS keeps you going: Moto 360 Sport has built-in GPS that works seamlessly with Moto Body to measure your performance. Track your distance traveled, pace, lap times and more. There’s no need to carry your phone to know exactly how you’re doing.
  • Popular fitness apps1: Moto 360 Sport works seamlessly with Android™ fitness apps including MapMyRun®, Under Armour Record™, Strava, Google Fit and Fitbit™. Moto Body records your workout data and syncs with these apps, so your exercise history is always up to date.
  • Heart rate at a glance: Continuously track your heart rate during a run to monitor your performance. And with Moto Body, measure the time you spend in different heart rate zones to make sure you’re achieving your fitness goals2.
  • Brilliant, indoors and out: Motorola AnyLight is the world’s first hybrid display that lets you see things clearly both indoors and out. Indoors, it works like any beautiful LCD screen. Step outside and it reflects natural sunlight, making the screen easy to read.
  • Better view. All the way around: On a watch face, every millimeter counts. The classic round design of Moto 360 Sport features edge-to-edge glass and an exceptionally thin bezel, giving you the most viewing area in the least amount of space.
  • Wear it for life: Moto 360 Sport gives you the power of Android Wear™, so you can keep up with your entire life, not just your workouts. Read Gmail messages and calendar invites, reply to friends on WhatsApp, get up-to-the-minute traffic and weather reports, and so much more of what matters to you all while staying in the zone.
  • Music on the move: Sync your favorite playlists and podcasts from Google Play™ Music with your Moto 360 Sport, then listen to music on your run or at the gym without taking your phone along for the ride.
  • Just a little coaching: Receive spontaneous notifications throughout the day that keep you informed, up to date and inspired. Plus get a weekly email summarizing your progress, or even more detailed information using the Moto Body phone app.
  • All day battery. Even with Always On: The new Moto 360 Sport gives you better battery life than ever before. Now with Always On, the time is constantly visible and the battery still lasts an entire day3.
According to the info from Motorola, the Moto 360 Sport will launch in the UK and France starting December 18, and will be available for the US starting January 7th. Here's a quote with the details,

Source: Motorola
Nice product

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I posted the price (straight from Motorola) in the story. :rolleyes: :D
I see it now. The quote at the bottom didn't even stand out while I was reading the bold bullets.

$299. Why does everything keep going up? I want a tag. This for $300 is brutal.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Needs to be available NOW for the Christmas season.
#Fail
#badTming
#WhatwereyouthinkingMotohowcouldyounothavethisoutforchrstmas
#worldslongesthashtag

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see it now. The quote at the bottom didn't even stand out while I was reading the bold bullets.

$299. Why does everything keep going up? I want a tag. This for $300 is brutal.
I actually completely understand what you mean. I've noticed that when the text goes in the "quote box," the mind naturally wants to glaze over it. Perhaps unconsciously we think it is an ad banner or something. I've been experimenting with using quotes and italics instead of the "quote box" and this seems to have been the perfect "control group" to finish my testing. From now on I will avoid using the "quote box." :)

JRParsons

Reaction score
With the Urbane LTE out of the picture, it may be the Moto Sport for me. Can't seem to find the Gear 2 3G, although maybe AT&T has it.
Verizon is selling the Gear s2 3g, I picked one up at my local store. I believe they are only being carried by the carriers. The Bluetooth versions are available everywhere but don't offer the ability to take or make a call.
I've had an android wear and a Tizen device. You can tell Samsung is on its 4th generation of devices and Wear is just beginning it's second. The Sammy seems to be a much smoother experience. Just wish there were more apps.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk