Moto 360 May Have Better Battery Life After Last Week's Update

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto-360-Product-Template.jpg

Several users are reporting improved battery life after the most recent update to the Moto 360. In fact, since the KGW42R from last week, several users are reporting up to a 50% improvement on battery life for the device.

This is a marked improvement, especially considering that the primary complaint about the Moto 360 is its mediocre battery life. The changelog for this update doesn't specifically name battery life improvements, but perhaps the listed Bluetooth tweaks, a new charging notification, and miscellaneous bug fixes all work together indirectly to improve things.

Of course, it's possible this is a bit overblown by overly exuberant users. Sound off and let us know if you have noticed a battery improvement after the update.

Source: Reddit

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I had great battery life on my 360 since the day I bought it. I personally haven't noticed much difference but then again, I was getting more than double than what others were getting. I even got over 16 hours with having the ambient screen feature on. On Saturday, we went to San Jose to a San Jose Sharks fan day and used it a ton for directions and what not. When we got home and I went to bed 18 hours later I had 18% battery left. The screen wasn't set to be on all the time but every time we went somewhere, navigation turned the screen and it vibrated countless times. Still very happy with my watch and am glad others are getting better battery life.

Also, anyone know what that watch face is called on the Play Store. I like it!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Mine is on the UPS truck for delivery today!! I second that watch face, if anyone finds out what it is, please update here. I want that.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Wearing the watch now, loving it so far.

Moto 360 Design Face-Off Top 10 Finalists

Found that watch face, looks like it is part of a collection that is being voted on right now. Though, it says they were going to announce a winner on the 24th of June. o_O

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wearing the watch now, loving it so far.

Moto 360 Design Face-Off Top 10 Finalists

Found that watch face, looks like it is part of a collection that is being voted on right now. Though, it says they were going to announce a winner on the 24th of June. o_O
Sydman, I'm definitely envious of you and all the others who have the 360. I just don't have the green for one and so can't join in on the fun.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Sydman, I'm definitely envious of you and all the others who have the 360. I just don't have the green for one and so can't join in on the fun.

FoxKat, I understand completely, it is a hard sale. It is like having a super notification bar on your wrist. Now whether or not that is worth $250 is a question that will be different for everyone.

I have 45 days with BestBuy to return it, so I will be looking out for practical uses that I feel I could do without, but would rather not. If I don't find enough, I might be taking it back. It sure is a beautiful piece of hardware though, very light and can barely tell you are wearing it most times.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
FoxKat, I understand completely, it is a hard sale. It is like having a super notification bar on your wrist. Now whether or not that is worth $250 is a question that will be different for everyone.

This was exactly how I felt. For me, it was early this year I decided I wanted to start wearing a watch again. It may sound trivial, but it became extremely annoying to pull my phone out of my pocket, especially while seated, just to check the time if a clock wasn't readily available. So I figured with the addition of eliminating having to do this with text and reminders, was an added bonus. Now if I could just find one. Motorola really needs to work on it's inventory supply.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Couldn't find a better place to put this but had to share (image is from amazingjokes.com). Loved it.
5423d9c3ee567_IWatch2.jpg

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah, I got lucky on Friday and the BestBuy website opened up online only orders for the silver one. Checked about 10 minutes after I ordered and it was already closed down. Ordered late Friday and my free two day shipping got it here on Monday.

For the use you are describing, it is perfect. I can see this being really nice at dinners, where you don't want to be the jerk checking your phone all the time, but are waiting for a email or text. It is cool because I have my Nexus 5 on a magnetic tripod on my desk, when I walk away from my desk I can leave my phone and still get the notifications on my watch while around the office.

$250 is steep for a watch, but it is of course more than that. The only downside I have seen so far, it does the great notifications, but you are at the mercy of the other Google Now cards and when they decide to show up.

Example, if you swipe away the weather once, and want to see it again, you might have to wait awhile for it to decide to pop up again. These watches might be in the early stages of their usefulness, but so far, I don't mind being on the ground floor, yet. As long as they don't announce a new "mo betta" version in the next few weeks, I will probably stick with it.