Moto 360, LG G Watch & More Getting Android Wear 4.4W.1 Update Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-watch-wearing.jpg

Google just started pushing out the latest Android Wear update to the various Android Wear smartwatches. This includes the Moto 360, the LG G Watch and more. This new update is version 4.4W, although the build number will vary from device to device.

Here's a quote detailing some of what this new update carries with it,

First off, you can now choose your business end points when performing a navigation voice command. For instance, when navigating to Starbucks, you can now scroll through a list and choose the exact location you had in mind. You can also choose exactly how you’d like to get there, with the option to select driving, walking or public transportation.

You’ll also find the update adds a few more options when setting an alarm, allowing users to select whether it’s a 1-time deal, or how often they’d like the alarm to reoccur. Pretty much the same thing you do when setting an alarm on your smartphone.

Sound off if your Android Wear device received the update yet.

Source: Phandroid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I got that update on Sunday as soon as I turned my moto 360 on after I bought it. Annoying little fact, the watch doesn't turn off now when you charge it. I don't like that.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Press your button twice while its on the cradle and the screen goes out.

What I noticed is that ambient mode is GONE.

Will this update bring battery improvements?

mumblemouth1

Reaction score
Press your button twice while its on the cradle and the screen goes out.

What I noticed is that ambient mode is GONE.

Will this update bring battery improvements?
ambient mode still there for me. and pushing button does nothing. screen stays on whole time while charging

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
ambient mode still there for me. and pushing button does nothing. screen stays on whole time while charging

Did you get your watch from Moto or BB. Apparently there are differences emerging between the two. I had the BB watch until yesterday. I got the Moto watch and this morning I noticed a few things different. Weird.

mumblemouth1

Reaction score
Did you get your watch from Moto or BB. Apparently there are differences emerging between the two. I had the BB watch until yesterday. I got the Moto watch and this morning I noticed a few things different. Weird.
i got this one from best buy. motorola sent me email this am. said the one i ordered from them will ship today. so i will see which one i like if there are differences and just give other one to gf

mumblemouth1

Reaction score
got watch from motorola today. still nothing. stays awake entire time while charging. even opened developer options. says stay awake when charging. click disable. still stays awake

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The things I noticed on the Moto device all disappeared after the second update. The BB only required one update as I recall. The Moto device received two both days apart. Now it is essentially just like my original 360. I will say this. After a few days my battery life is GREAT! For example, I took my watch off of the charger at 8a and right now at 12:30p I'm at 75%. I've probably received 20-30 notifications so far and have played with the screen just a bit.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
So your watch will be completely dead around 10pm? That's not that great, it's really bad if you ask me. Some people wake up at 6am and go to bed at midnight and this watch won't even last a day without a charge. Maybe in few more years something innovative will come along.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
No actually it won't. If I want, I can just put on my charger at any point of the day. All it takes is 20 minutes and I'll have almost a full charge. I have an old Nokia Qi charger from a few years ago that was collecting dust so I have it at work to top off the watch if I want. Besides that, at my current rate of usage, with no charge, would put me at 0% after midnight.

Nobody is saying it's perfect. If you think the Moto360 isn't early adopter material you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Wearables are still 2 years from being ready for primetime. Instead of waiting until then I'll enjoy this for now, you know?

6a to midnight? Everyday? That's a recipe for an early grave, my friend!

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
You're right. My math was off. 18 hours per charge isn't that bad, might actually last a whole day.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i have 4.4W.1 on my moto 360

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Go into settings on you watch, about, and keep touching build number to turn on developer option then in developer options you can turn it off.

Valvoline

Reaction score
6a to midnight? Everyday? That's a recipe for an early grave, my friend!

Ugh, that's sleeping in for me. Then again, I'm a cop, so my early grave may come in other ways -__-

Any word on when the black metal banded 360 comes available?