Motion dectetor app?

Jewson

Reaction score
Is there any app currently that would be the equivalent of a nanny cam. IE it turns on when it senses motion and records for X period of time. There is none that I've seen yet, but I don't see why the capability isn't there.

krazykid6911

Reaction score
Just curious, how do you plan to use the app? Are you going to leave ur droid on a stand plugged it recording Video whenever there is movement? Im just not grasping how this could be useable on a large scale by people. I understand if it was a Camera Setup, but this would make ur phone a dedicated camera. I dont know about you but i like to cary my phone around with me lol

OP
J

Jewson

Reaction score
Somebody is eating all my ice cream sandwiches at night and nobody will fess up to it. I spiked one of them with some painfully hot, hot sauce but they must of been able to mutter their pain cause I didn't wake up to anyone yelling. I want to bust them, and get refunded for a few hundred ice cream bars. I know there are devices you can buy to accomplish this, but it's not really that big of a deal. But if I had one on something I already owned like my droid this would be the perfect tool to catch em cold blooded.

Spyte

Reaction score
Would be interesting if you could do that in reverse. Set up your laptop so the camera is on but the laptop appears to be asleep. Upon detecting motion the camera begins recording for a preset time or until motion ceases whichever is shorter. After saving the file, the laptop uploads the video via email which you then receive on your phone. You appear on the scene as the Vengeful God of Iced Cream, seeking retribution and justice from the wicked frozen treat snatchers. All is then well in the universe. finis

krazykid6911

Reaction score
Maybe if you got the Ustream Broadcaster app and watched them from computer on the youstream Website? The Broadcaster app works good on wifi, ok on 3g, but you would def need to have ur droid plugged in since this is not motion sensative.

Also, when you stream on uStream, the streams are recorded, so thatd probably work.

now if you catch them, you need to post the video so we can see who is stealing ur ice cream!

M

Matth3w

Somebody is eating all my ice cream sandwiches at night and nobody will fess up to it. I spiked one of them with some painfully hot, hot sauce but they must of been able to mutter their pain cause I didn't wake up to anyone yelling. I want to bust them, and get refunded for a few hundred ice cream bars. I know there are devices you can buy to accomplish this, but it's not really that big of a deal. But if I had one on something I already owned like my droid this would be the perfect tool to catch em cold blooded.
I'm sorry, but this is the funniest ****ing post I've read all day long.

shugknight

Reaction score

instead of hot sauce, use laxative instead. then when that person is in the bathroom, you'll know who it is. Laxative will freeze and look just like ice cream. :)

OP
J

Jewson

Reaction score
Those are some good idea's, I'm not very tech savy but they don't sound very difficult.

Spyte, I do have a macbook air but I would have to leave it open for camera to record and have it pointed to the fridge, they probably wouldn't think much of it but would certainly draw more attention then my phone laying somewhere on the counter.

Krazy, so are you saying I can download the app and then watch live from my computer? I'd rather it record just for a few seconds when there is motion, as I'll probably be sleeping.

Matt, nothing funny about a thief jacking my Klondikes. I will bring the pain, the hot sauce will be the least of their worries.

Shug, I thought about that but it might be a little hard to implement. The hot sauce was a couple hundred thousand scorville units so even it's residue can bring you to your knees.

whiddles

Reaction score
somebody is eating all my ice cream sandwiches at night and nobody will fess up to it. I spiked one of them with some painfully hot, hot sauce but they must of been able to mutter their pain cause i didn't wake up to anyone yelling. I want to bust them, and get refunded for a few hundred ice cream bars. I know there are devices you can buy to accomplish this, but it's not really that big of a deal. But if i had one on something i already owned like my droid this would be the perfect tool to catch em cold blooded.

has my wife been over there?

M

Matth3w

Sorry, it just sounded so funny. Are you in college or something?

OP
J

Jewson

Reaction score
Sorry, it just sounded so funny. Are you in college or something?

It's cool, no I own my home, but I rent it out and live with a friend from high school who is in a much nicer home and it's a mile from my work. It's him, his gf, and occasionally one of our friends will crash. I think it's the gf, but don't have any solid evidence to this point.

OP
J

Jewson

Reaction score
somebody is eating all my ice cream sandwiches at night and nobody will fess up to it. I spiked one of them with some painfully hot, hot sauce but they must of been able to mutter their pain cause i didn't wake up to anyone yelling. I want to bust them, and get refunded for a few hundred ice cream bars. I know there are devices you can buy to accomplish this, but it's not really that big of a deal. But if i had one on something i already owned like my droid this would be the perfect tool to catch em cold blooded.

has my wife been over there?

Yeah but it wasn't for the Klondikes.
J/K you set yourself up for that one. ;)

someone

Reaction score
This is pretty damn funny.

I know there are a ton of free applications out there for webcams and motion detect. Problem is hiding the cam / computer. Find a wireless cam off of ebay or something and set that up.

rickersha

Reaction score
Try "surveillance" it's in the marketplace. It works great for me.