Most Rugged phone I've owned

Jonas

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know I haven't been posting much, but I just had to chime in about this. About a week ago, last Thursday to be exact, I was in a pretty bad motorcycle wreck. I was coming home doing about 40 mph, when a car pulled out in front of me, and I had no choice but to hit them. But thats not what this post is about. Yes I'm recovering, and yes I'll make it, but I wanted to give a shout out to my Rezound! When I landed, I landed pretty much on my side/hip. My rezound was in my front pocket of the side that took the hit, and to my shock, when I reached in my pocket to have someone call 911 for me, the phone worked, and dialed all of the numbers that needed to be contacted.

Now, I know for most of you guys this isn't a prerequisite that your phone can take a 40 mph crash and keep running, but for the small percent like me that work with construction, or ride motorcycles, or live more than active life styles, I'm here to say this phone is the real deal. Had this been my D2G, I highly doubt I'd have come away with a working phone at all. Since this phone worked for me in a crucial time of need, I wanted to share.

I do have the Otterbox defender series on my phone, not sure if that's worth mentioning. Fantastic case if I do say so myself.

Also, I was kinda hoping to see if any of you other guys had some gnarly stories of your Rezound taking a bad spill and still working. Maybe turn this into a "You can't kill the Rezound" thread?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad the phone is ok.... Oh and that you are as well :D
My Rezound is surviving my 4 year old daughter without a scratch. She goobed the camera lens yesterday with something greasy and hard to remove while playing a game and has dropped it at least 6 times and not so much as a scratch. I'm running it naked on the screen.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

cp24eva

Reaction score
Wow, glad to hear that you are recovering from your incident. And the reezound is more than durable. I drop my phone this past weekend and the battery and the back went flying off. Had barely a scratch on the back of the phone. And it work as well as it did before the drop from about 4 feet up. I know this drop is probably nowhere close to the crash you had of course. But I'm just voicing how the rezound is durable and i think a droid razr or a G-nex was have probably been wiped out and cracked in the same circumstance as you or anyone else with a rezound has had.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Glad you are going to be ok, I'm sick n tired of a-holes pulling in front of fellow motorcycle riders because they didn't see them!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you are going to be ok, I'm sick n tired of a-holes pulling in front of fellow motorcycle riders because they didn't see them!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

probably texting on their iphones...

ZING

glad you're ok OP :)

Insidious

Reaction score
I was in a four Wheeler wreck just yesterday! Glad everything is OK, and glad a fellow D2G user went with the Rezound. It is pretty dang durable if i have to say so myself.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you are ok, how bad was the bike damaged, hope their insurance covers your damage, and yes the Rezound is one sweet phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
glad you're okay! I had a guy pull out ON TOP of me from a stop sign and I was on a 4 lane highway.... never stopped to think about it but now that you mention it my old D1 took that hard hit and never missed a lick lol. (similiar to you front right pocket and the car hit me on the right still not so sure of how it didn't smash my leg.. but w/e I'm happy it didnt!) good luck with recovery! my phone was naked just like my bike ('10 Z1000.. with 122 miles at the time of the wreck I might add @#$!%!)