1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Most reliaple rom -Ive tried them all

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Tatootie, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Tatootie

Tatootie New Member

Honestly
    I have tried BB, adamz, ultimate and droid mod.
    I have no reason to lie. I keep going back to droid mod.
    I have FC's with all others, Or continuous reboots,

Perhaps its just my phone. .
    I always do a data wipe before performing a trying a new rom and/or a new kernel.
    Love to hear from you other guys who have tried all of them

thx
  2. brock

brock New Member

cool. i disagree. the new bugless beast 0.4 (ere25) is the best/fastest rom i have ever used, and have yet to get a force close.
  3. Tatootie

Tatootie New Member

loving it.
    thx for the opinon.keep em coming!
  4. daftlush

daftlush New Member

I've flashed'em all too. BB 0.4 (ere25) w/ a ChevyNo1 kernel FTW!:clap:
  5. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Yes, until more kernals come out, not saying that there is something wrong with his, this is about one of the best 2.1 roms out there.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I am not the most adventurous person in the world when it comes to dealing with messing with my phone. I'm glad others can do it for me so I can see their opinions. So far, I like yours. :)
  7. LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout New Member

DroidMod Hands Down.

May all the other roms rest in peace.
  8. rkcoll1

rkcoll1 New Member

I tried out several ROMs also and have landed back on BB v1.2 with Chevys 1.2Ghz kernel. I am OC to 1Ghz and this combination seems to be working flawlessly. I liked the 2.1 launcher in Smoked Glass ROM but it always caused too much havic with the phone. IMHO.
  9. Sodner

Sodner New Member

DroidMod has been so solid, I'm loving it. Clocked at 1Ghz. Its a thing of beauty. I don't even want the 2.1 OTA anymore. Moto TAKE YOUR TIME!!!
  10. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Bugless Beast 2.1 ERE25 V0.4 is rock solid for me. I reluctantly went to it as Pete seemed to be saying he was going to eventually abandon the 2.01 roms. I say reluctantly because I have grown to hate 2.1 over the last few months due to all the hype, whining and B***hing about it's release/not release. Oh and ask me how much I hate Live Wallpapers (my 12 year old niece really, really like loves them!!!).

Anyway, as I said before my mini-rant, this rom has been rock solid for, is smooth and fast at native tasks. And that's my grumpy opinion for the day.:mad: Now leave me alone, I've got to go to Wal-Mart.
  11. zenman77

zenman77 New Member

I enjoyed bugless beast but I pretty much gel the most with droidmod and they made it practically idiot proof with the dmupdater. I appreciate all the work that all the devs do for our devices though and I don't think that could be stated enough.
  12. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

why don't I see Simply Stunning in your list its a STRONG contender, I have ZERO FC issues or reboots..

Just Sayin'

-=Jason=-
  13. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 New Member

I was a strong DM supporter, not tryin anything else ever, but wanted to try the 2.1 ERE by Pete with Chevy's 1ghz kernel, and it absolutely crushes beyond all belief a DM ROM. The browser is infinitely times faster, better zooming AND it doesnt "blur" the text. I know its not as streamlined (concerning install process) but it is definitely perfect for someone like me who is on the browser a lot. Hopefully DM takes advantage of the ERE file as it is superior to 2.0.1
  14. zenman77

zenman77 New Member

Could you post the link for bb 2.5 and what exactly is ere?
  15. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

16. agent42o

agent42o New Member

Yeah, I am in the same boat, I had avoided the 2.1 roms all together as I had heard nothing but bad things about them, then yesterday I flashed 2.1 ERE, it's beyond amazing. The phone is faster, browser kicks ass, stable, just a great Rom.
  17. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I've used quite a few ROMs, ranging from Sholes, to whats now DroidMod, Smoked Glass, Bugless series, Simply Stunning, blackdroid's rom, etc. and have played with 2.0.1 and 2.1 alike.

I'm not going to discuss my dislikes of each ROM, but every time I ended up going back to my own custom setup, where I did everything myself.

With that said, Simply Stunning 2.0 with ERE25 as a base has been on my phone ever since Chevy released it, and is still installed. That says a lot as I am a perfectionist and no ROM from anyone has lasted longer than a day for me.
  18. mach330

mach330 New Member

i've tried them all too, and I do like droidmod. all these ere25 are starting to come out and i'm controlling myself (more like my wife tellling me no more since it's her phone...lol) to upgrade. i'll wait for a bit. honestly, all these rom's are pretty good and i was constantly changing them on a daily basis (sometimes more than once a day). i need to stop lurking in this forum.
  19. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

These ere25 based ROMs are simply the best you can get right now. Best quality and stableness.

I am curious and very anxious to see what DroidMod does with ere25. I just flashed the .sbf of ere25 last night. And I will never go back to stock 2.0.1 now. 2.1 ere25 IS my stock setup and it's going to stay that way :)
  20. cvhovey

cvhovey Member

I haven't yet tried all of them, but I keep bouncing back to Pete or AdamZ. Both have worked flawlessly for me, including Pete's BB v0.4 ERE25 which I'm running now.

I've really wanted Sholes/DroidMod to work on my phone, but no matter what options I've tried, wifi tethering would never work. I went so far as to unroot, factory reset (on the phone), re-root and start from a clean slate ... same results. Even if it doesn't work for me, I admire what they are doing over there and I regularly visit their forum. When they come out with 2.1, I'll probably give it a shot and hope THIS time it works on my phone.

So I guess some phones have their own quirks. For me multiple versions of Sholes/DroidMod have bombed. Multiple versions of Pete and AdamZ's ROMs work silky smooth. That old adage seems to hold true, "Your mileage may vary."