most recent swype?

alm0614

Reaction score
anyone have a link to the .apk for the most recent swype thatworks on droid?

Zarniwoop

Reaction score
OP and I are referring to the new ver 1.16 not the old 0.35

Both the above relpies direct to the (now old) version 0.35.3959

The Nexus One seems to have gotten ver 1.16.12.5228.219 release recently:

SwypeReference-HVGA-trial-release_eng.1.16.12.5228.219.apk
Swype-SwypeReference-HVGA-trial-release.1.16.12.5228.219.apk
Swype-SwypeReference-WVGA-trial-release.1.16.12.5228.2.19-fix.apk
Swype-SwypeReference-WVGA-Trial-Release.Eng-Only.1.16.12.5228.219.apk

I have already tried all of the above named files on DROID. However, installing these on the Droid causes constant popups that the screen resolution is wrong. It wouldn't be too bad if the popups were only when the keyboard opened, but it seems like they popup every single time you switch portrait/landscape so it's pretty much unusable.

So, specifically, is there a DROID compatible ver 1.16 of SWYPE that includes the new features such as Auto-Capitalization, that does NOT cause popups about screen resolution?

Thanks

Laramie

Reaction score
Tag. My ONLY complaint about swype now is the auto-capitalization. And a feature like double tapping space to add a period and then to auto-cap would be nice too.

jy2042

Reaction score
Tag. My ONLY complaint about swype now is the auto-capitalization. And a feature like double tapping space to add a period and then to auto-cap would be nice too.

On the latest version mentioned by Zarniwoop, auto-cap works. As for adding a period, I just swipe from the period key to the space key. That should add a period and a space after whatever you type.

wsbsteven

Reaction score
I switched to slideIT in the market place. I had been using swype since the first leak and it got to be too annoying when it doesn't work. SlideIT works much better imho.

Zarniwoop

Reaction score
Great, THANKS for hijacking the thread. Yes, there are at least two other alternatives to Swype that are in the Market. If anyone wants more information please Search for other threads on Swype, SlideIT, and Shapewriter, rather than discussing them here.

May we PLEASE stick to talk about finding the latest version of Swype that works correctly on DROID in THIS thread? Thanks!

billyk

Reaction score
Interested in any new version of Swype - for me, the best app on the Droid!

gatorbait

Reaction score
Would love the Droid optimized new release if it contains auto-capitalization. Who knows if we will see that update on the Droid though because wasn't the first Swype apk a result of a leak?

crimattyple

Reaction score
most recent version of swype

The versions that are on this thread are not able to installed on the Droid running 2.01. It says the screen size is incorrect.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like the latest version as well. However I do agree that it's becoming a problem on many of these threads from people hijacking them to pump their own product or a friends product.

Stick to the subject - if we were smart enough to install Swype we are smart enough to know the alternatives.