Most polished rom?

seaniscrazy

Reaction score
I've been using cm9 and I used aokp for awhile, and as much as I love them, I want a rom that everything works. Something as close to vanilla android as possible. It doesn't matter if it's ics or gingerbread, just something that works and is fast. Any suggestions?

GreenSnow

Reaction score
IMO Maverick ROM is the best, everything works perfect, v4.0 is the most polished and runs super smoooth, they do have v4.5 but I though it lessened my battle life's so went back to 4.0

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

thorrules

Reaction score
IMO Maverick ROM is the best, everything works perfect, v4.0 is the most polished and runs super smoooth, they do have v4.5 but I though it lessened my battle life's so went back to 4.0

Maverick ROM still has one bug on GMAIL. It wont distinguish between read and unread email, the colors are very sublte. This is not a specific bug with Maverick, but anytime you change a font on D3 from the stock, u will see this bug. Bottomline: If you frequently use Gmail App and cannot distinguish between subtle shades of black color like me, then do not go for this ROM.

Steel Droid 4.6, imo, is the best among supported roms. Since it uses stock fonts, no issues there. But lately I have been facing some GPS issues. The best ROM I still think though is Liberty, unfortunately, it is not been supported anymore.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Maverick ROM still has one bug on GMAIL. It wont distinguish between read and unread email, the colors are very sublte. This is not a specific bug with Maverick, but anytime you change a font on D3 from the stock, u will see this bug. Bottomline: If you frequently use Gmail App and cannot distinguish between subtle shades of black color like me, then do not go for this ROM.

Steel Droid 4.6, imo, is the best among supported roms. Since it uses stock fonts, no issues there. But lately I have been facing some GPS issues. The best ROM I still think though is Liberty, unfortunately, it is not been supported anymore.

I'd depends on what theme you are using, currently I am using "ripper red" and read vs unread is very distinguishable, not only does the text change from bold to un-bold the background also changes from white to gray

thorrules

Reaction score
GreenSnow said:
I'd depends on what theme you are using, currently I am using "ripper red" and read vs unread is very distinguishable, not only does the text change from bold to un-bold the background also changes from white to gray

Thanks will try it out. Just flashed eclipse 2.2.1 looks promising too.

Overmann

Reaction score
I have been using Steel Droid GB and it is extremely fast as well as good on the battery.