Most Optimized ROM?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Quick Question...Im running P3's 1250. and it runs great. I really want to try to get it at 1300 but whenever I try, my phone goes bonkers and continuously freezes then restarts it self. Is this a case of my phone just not being able to handle it? Any settings i could change to help it out? lol If not I will just stick with the 1250

My phone actually just started acting very odd, and I havnt added or changed anyhting but the kernel to B-1300-reg volt.

My browser would just close without warning, apps shut off, freeze at lock screen, then it just started rebooting... I just loaded the B-1000 reg volt kernel quickly in ROM manager... hopefully this fixed my problems..

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quick Question...Im running P3's 1250. and it runs great. I really want to try to get it at 1300 but whenever I try, my phone goes bonkers and continuously freezes then restarts it self. Is this a case of my phone just not being able to handle it? Any settings i could change to help it out? lol If not I will just stick with the 1250

To me it sound like your phone can't handle it.

Consider yourself lucky the device is solid at 1250 - there's no chance of me running my phone at that clock. Plus, I can't see that there would be a vast performance improvement @ 1300 vs. 1250.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know why, but stock OTA 2.1 always seems to run snappier, overall, for me than with any of the ROMs... not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what... and with better battery life. When I OC, I can tell a speed difference, but it tends to get bogged down in certain specific instances (such as waking up). I love the ROM's (currently running jrummy .6), but it seems like I have to run extra to keep them running smoothly, which in turn bogs it down at times.

lol....of all the ROMs I've tried I've never actually flashed the stock 2.1. Think I might do so just to check it out.

Yeah the one thing I haven't tried is rooted stock 2.1 with OC... maybe that would be the best of both worlds! Except I'd still have to run a couple of additional apps (vs stock ota) like SetCPU and the temp monitor, etc.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know why, but stock OTA 2.1 always seems to run snappier, overall, for me than with any of the ROMs... not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what... and with better battery life. When I OC, I can tell a speed difference, but it tends to get bogged down in certain specific instances (such as waking up). I love the ROM's (currently running jrummy .6), but it seems like I have to run extra to keep them running smoothly, which in turn bogs it down at times.

lol....of all the ROMs I've tried I've never actually flashed the stock 2.1. Think I might do so just to check it out.

Yeah the one thing I haven't tried is rooted stock 2.1 with OC... maybe that would be the best of both worlds! Except I'd still have to run a couple of additional apps (vs stock ota) like SetCPU and the temp monitor, etc.

You don't necessarily need those - if you don't install SetCPU, you'll be running at stock frequency....should be near-identical to the unrooted stock 2.1 - you'll have root but you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't necessarily need those - if you don't install SetCPU, you'll be running at stock frequency....should be near-identical to the unrooted stock 2.1 - you'll have root but you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

Good point. I wonder - does stock just sit at 550 all the time or fluctuate lower than that? It doesn't seem anybody has found a clear answer to that question yet.

junpar

Reaction score
IMO, bugless beast is the fastest most optimzed rom. I run CM 5.0.6.2. because it has a lot more features, nice themes, as well constant improvement.

bodean

Reaction score
I've run BB 9, UD 9, UD10, and now CM 5.0.6.2
CM has run the best for me, although small quirks still need to be fixed (like Beautiful Widgets, plane mode widget doesn't work in this rom).

I think I am going to take the plunge, and try out BB 1.0 leaked version. Had good luck with his homemade stuff in the past. Gave up on UD for obvious reasons.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used to have BW plane problem, but it went away, and I could not figure out how. Might have been a theme problem, but I swear reproducing it on stock CM.

bodean

Reaction score
I used to have BW plane problem, but it went away, and I could not figure out how. Might have been a theme problem, but I swear reproducing it on stock CM.

So on vanilla CM 5.0.6.2 you dont have issue with BW and plane mode? Maybe its jrummy then.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

So on vanilla CM 5.0.6.2 you dont have issue with BW and plane mode? Maybe its jrummy then.

No, It's even weirder than that: had the problem on vanilla CM and also had it running an outdated nextheme. The nextheme got updated, and then the problem went away.

bodean

Reaction score
I do give an edge though to CM mods, just due to the fact they are updated OFTEN. BB, bye pete, hasn't been updated in months. I think people who use roms like to see them updated on a schedule.