Most Optimized ROM?

eisman

Reaction score
I am a speed freak, don't care much for lwp/themes. I have run most roms here for at least a few days. I am looking for the most optimized ROM and think this performs quite well. But, is it the best for speed?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You asking us? You think what performs well? You left out the ROM you talked about. You have to try them all out, and as you said you did try them all for days, so you tell us... What do you think?

Personally i run UDv10 because its features and it's still super fast (and customizable).

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
A lot depends on the kernel you're using. I think CyanogenMod runs just as fast as any other ROM I've tried, but I use a 1.25ghz kernel.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's as snappy and responsive as any I've ever used.

Bekit has a 1300 MHz kernel - install that and you're sure to blow the doors off. :)

Logan3824

Reaction score
I'm using the leaked BB 1.0 and its fast as hell, haven't had one FC either....Running 1.2LV kern and its like :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Bekit has a 1300 MHz kernel - install that and you're sure to blow the doors off. :)
Great kernel. That's what I'm running as well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I am using the reg volt 1300, would low work the same, how about high volt? Lose more battery life i am guessing tho?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

I am using the reg volt 1300, would low work the same, how about high volt? Lose more battery life i am guessing tho?
I haven't tried the LV but I get great battery life with the SV/MV

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. You'd think it woudl be worse... Well Imma pop that in now!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Agree about the 'spare parts' thing. I actually just turned all my fancy animations off because who really cares... now it seems as if this thing is on speed. Even the phone app just ZIPs right up when i hit it... amazing. (1300 med b kernel)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agree about the 'spare parts' thing. I actually just turned all my fancy animations off because who really cares... now it seems as if this thing is on speed. Even the phone app just ZIPs right up when i hit it... amazing. (1300 med b kernel)

Yeah, I also turned animations off - I like it better that way

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know why, but stock OTA 2.1 always seems to run snappier, overall, for me than with any of the ROMs... not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what... and with better battery life. When I OC, I can tell a speed difference, but it tends to get bogged down in certain specific instances (such as waking up). I love the ROM's (currently running jrummy .6), but it seems like I have to run extra to keep them running smoothly, which in turn bogs it down at times.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know why, but stock OTA 2.1 always seems to run snappier, overall, for me than with any of the ROMs... not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what... and with better battery life. When I OC, I can tell a speed difference, but it tends to get bogged down in certain specific instances (such as waking up). I love the ROM's (currently running jrummy .6), but it seems like I have to run extra to keep them running smoothly, which in turn bogs it down at times.

lol....of all the ROMs I've tried I've never actually flashed the stock 2.1. Think I might do so just to check it out.

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Quick Question...Im running P3's 1250. and it runs great. I really want to try to get it at 1300 but whenever I try, my phone goes bonkers and continuously freezes then restarts it self. Is this a case of my phone just not being able to handle it? Any settings i could change to help it out? lol If not I will just stick with the 1250